Naked Basics Palette....

Roach, Smog, Rust, Oil Slick and Acid Rain. Any of this sound familiar? If you are a makeup junkie like me you are probably aware that these are colors from an awesome makeup brand. Urban Decay. This company was the brain child of Sandy Lerner, David Soward, and Wende Zomnir way back in January 1996.  I have been a fan of Urban Decay since about 2000, with the purchase of a cotton candy pink eye shadow with tiny silver specks in it. I LOVED this shadow....wore it daily.

When the original NAKED palette came out I knew I had to have it. It is my most used piece of makeup - besides lip gloss and mascara. I am contemplating buying the NAKED 2 palette but have held off because so many colors are similar.  But when I saw that there was a matte palette coming out I knew it would have to join my collection. 

I would buy makeup every day if it weren't for that funny little thing called money and the NAKED Basics Palette has been on my wish list for a little while. Today to my shock & surprise, my dear sweet hubby surprised me with it today. When I asked him what the occasion was he said that he wanted to contribute to supporting my business. Seriously. Could I get any luckier! He is the best.

But I digress. Onto the makeup.  Presenting the NAKED Basics Palette. 
L to R: Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked2, Faint, Crave
As soon as I swatched the colors I was in love. They feel so incredibly silky and even though the first few colors are very light, I know they are going to be fantastic to use. There are 6 colors; Venus (soft, off-white demi-matte), Foxy (very light yellow/white matte), Walk of Shame (very light nude matte), Naked2 (taupe matte), Faint (warm, dusty brown matte) and Crave (deepest, darkest brown/black matte).
L to R: Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked2, Faint, Crave
Such beautiful colors, and I just LOVE that they are matte shades. A perfect addition to my Urban Decay collection! Not only are the colors amazing but the palette itself is really cool. The original NAKED palette case is brown velvet with gold embossed lettering. This smaller case is almost suede-like and the lettering is a raised metallic. So adorable!

The palette retails for $27 at Sephora, which is really a great deal for the quality of the shadow. I plan on doing some eye looks with this soon so I will do a follow up in the next few weeks!

Comments

Popular Posts