Friday Favorites!

Every Friday I am going to share some of my favorite beauty products. It might be an actual makeup item, maybe a beauty tool or even skin care....either way it's something I can't live without.

Today's fave is Mascara. If I were stranded on a deserted island and could only have one beauty product it would be, hands down, Mascara. Although the idea of only having ONE products makes me tremble. But I digress. Mascara is the quintessential product to have.

Mascara is a true blessing for women with thin or brittle eyelashes. Using the right mascara, and right techniques to apply it, can create lush lashes out of fine eyelash hairs. With so many mascara formulas out these days, there is one for everyone. Choose a mascara that will add lots of volume to yours, whether you are going for a dramatic look or a more natural,  voluminous lashes will always look great. For best results, the mascara should be dark brown or black. 

To start pull the mascara wand out of the tube. Start at the base of your top lashes, and pull the wand gently through the lashes, coating them entirely. Wait a few seconds, then add another coat, using a back-and-forth wiggle motion to to cover each individual lash.

Stick the wand back into the tube to add more mascara for applying to your other eye. Repeat the same process on the other eye and give your eyelashes a minute or two to dry.  Add one final coat of mascara to each of your eyes. This time, add a little extra mascara to the few small lashes at the outside corner of your eye. This trick elongates the little eyelashes and creates a full look.

Now ~ onto my faves!!!

One of my longtime favorites is by L'Oreal and its the Original Voluminous Mascara. I have been using this product for at least 10+ years. I keep going back to it again and again. It builds volume without giving that crazy spider leg look, which let's face it looks good on no one.  It comes in four colors; black, black-brown, soft black and blackest black. It ranges in price from $7 to $8 depending on where you purchase and any sales going on.

Next is a mascara by Cover Girl. The Lash Blast Mascara came out a few years ago and it was a huge hit. I remember trying it and not being all that impressed. But decided to give it another try and was really happy I did. This is a great product to instantly give you volume all while giving you nice separation.  The brush takes a little getting used to but worth the time. One of the things I love about this one is that you can really build up the volume....3 or 4 coats even and I have never had my lashes get clumpy. This retails for a little more but at most places being around $8 or $9 it is still extremely reasonable.

Lastly is my all time favorite Mascara. It's a little scary how much I LOVE this mascara. It's by Dior....the mascara is Diorshow Mascara. Anybody in the beauty industry knows about this stuff. It really has an almost cult like following. This mascara delivers perfectly lush, everyday glam lashes. Its creamy, buildable, and the formula is like no other mascara I have tried ~ and I have tried A LOT of mascaras.

Besides it being the most amazing mascara I have ever purchased I love how it the brush was createdDior makeup artists would use plush toothbrushes to coat models lashes backstage to create show-stopping, catwalk lashes and volume when a regular mascara wand just wouldn't do.  Talk about innovative! The price will set you back just a bit.  Sephora sells it for $25.00 but it truly is worth every single penny.

One other tip with mascara. Please remember to replace your mascara every 3 months or so. This is one beauty product you don't want to keep around once it starts to get old. Because you are putting this right on your eye and then putting it back inside the tube you could really harbor some nasty bacteria if it sits around for a while. Be beautiful but remember to keep those peepers safe!

Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.
~ Alexander Pope

Comments

Popular Posts