Double Duty.....

I love products that can be used for more than one purpose. It's like buy one get one free! I also love experimenting with items that I may not have thought could have more than one purpose....but there are TONS of things out there that you can get double duty out of. Check out a few of my faves.

Maybelline Eye Color Tattoo Eye Shadow
This is a cream based eye shadow. These are great shadows all on their own but they can also be used as an eye shadow base/primer. They are similar to the Paint Pots by MAC. The bonus is the cost. The Paint Pots by MAC run for $18.50 but the Maybelline pots run for $6.99, or you might get lucky and get them on sale.

There are 10 different shades. I currently own 5: Barely Branded (which I believe is a limited edition), Tough As Taupe, Bad To The Bronze, Pomegranate Pink, and Edgy Emerald, and .  They are incredibly easy to blend so you use these to give you a wash of color or you can layer them with a regular eye shadow and get a more intense look.
L to R: Barely Branded, Tough As Taupe, Bad To The Bronze, Pomegranate Pink, Edgy Emerald

L to R: Barely Branded, Tough As Taupe, Bad To The Bronze, Pomegranate Pink, Edgy Emerald
Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter 
The Color Burst Lip Butter in Candy Apple is a lip balm with a nice color payoff to give you soft, healthy lips. I talked about this particular lip balm in a previous post (Sparkle & Shine post).  This is a great product for a sheer wash of color but it's FABULOUS as a blush. The best blush colors are the same ones that you have when you are flushed, and this red works perfect for my skin tone....I softly apply it to with my finger and instead of wiping to blend I tap, which gives my cheeks a perfect flush of color.
Candy Apple Red Lip Butter

On the left is a color swatch, the right is the color lightly blended.
Becca Beach Tint Duo
The Becca Beach Tint Duo is a set of two-in-one cream stains for cheeks and lips. These two products work as a stain for your cheeks and/or lips. It's a very soft finish, with a natural flush color. I have never used the Becca brand and was very pleased with these little guys.

I found them to be very blendable with almost a silky texture. They are enriched with with antioxidant vitamin E. They come in two different colors; Watermelon which is more of a bright pink and Fig, which is a bit softer pink.  This duo retails at Sephora for $20.00.

L to R: Watermelon, Fig
Take a look at your makeup and don't be afraid to see if you can get more use out of it....use an eye shadow to enhance your eye brows, use a blush or a bronzer as an eye shadow. Try to remember what it was like when you were little and weren't afraid to make mistakes. Play with your makeup, that is what is go great about it...till next time my beauties!


“Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart”

~ Kahlil Gibran 

Comments

Popular Posts