"Wild"ly Surprised....

Wet n Wild brings back such memories....memories such as electric blue eye liner and purpely-pink shimmery lip gloss. I have not purchased a Wet n Wild product since maybe my freshman year in high school.  So imagine my surprise that I start seeing makeup tutorials on YouTube with beauty gurus using Wet n Wild products, not only using them but raving about them. I had to see what the fuss was about.

First up was an eye shadow trip. The color is Sweet As Candy~ C381B. It's 3 very neutral colors, a soft champagne color, a mid tone brown, and a soft pink. They have a slight shimmer to them, almost a pearl tone. The back of the package says the shadows are "all day crease resistant color".  When I did a color swatch I was pleasantly surprised.  Each color had a strong pigment, they blended well, and the price is crazy cheap. I paid $4.39 for the trio at Wal-mart.  The packaging is fairly cheap, but what can you expect for that price!

Next up was a couple of lipsticks. The lipsticks I purchased at Shop-Rite for $1.99 - CRAZY I know. And again I was extremely surprised with these products.  The two colors I chose were:  Smokin' Hot Pink - C905D  and Red Velvet - C910D. The packaging says that the lipstick is 4-hr long wearing matte finish" and also has a "blend of Hyaluronic Microspheres, Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamin E".  I could not believe how pigmented these lipsticks were for $1.99. Because they give a matte finish they did feel slightly dry, but it would be easy to layer with a light gloss.  One of the upcoming spring 2013 makeup trends are matte crimson lips, and these two colors are going to be perfect!

L to R: Smokin' Hot Pink, Sweet As Candy Trio, Red Velvet
L to R: Sweet As Candy Trio, Smokin' Hot Pink, Red Velvet
I am extremely impressed by what I have tried and am excited to try a few more products. I have not worn anything out all day so once I do I will keep you posted. 

I would love to hear about some of your favorite brands, or favorite products!

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."  ~ Confucius

Comments

Popular Posts