30 Days of Beauty ~ Favorite You Tube Beauty Gurus...

Day 5 of the 30 Days of Beauty is my favorite YouTube Beauty Guru. This was a tough one. I follow 48 people on YouTube and they are all makeup related. You can see my dilemma. I finally decided on my top three.

#3. Batalash Beauty 
Here is the info from BatalashBeauty.com:
"Batalash was created by Samantha Ravndahl and Shaelin Darian, two friends committed to changing how the world looks at makeup. After Batalash's first year, Shaelin left the team to pursue a career in the film industry. Angela Grigoryan, Dominique D'Angelo, and Jessica "Jkissa" Standley were brought on to the team as a content creators and artists. We are dedicated to high quality content - whether it be videos, picture tutorials, or simply makeup inspiration - all served up with a bad-ass undertone. We don't want to just teach you how to do makeup: we want to teach you how to feel confident rocking your personality and look."

I started watching Batalash because Samantha was creating amazing looks on Instagram and I was mesmerized. When I started watching I fell in love with her personality. She is funny, sarcastic and has a bit of a sailor mouth  - which I could connect with. One of the things that I love about watching her videos is that she is all about sharing information and actually teaching others about makeup. She often posts videos about how she got started in the makeup industry and tips about how to further your business as a makeup artist. So if you like seeing amazing makeup and are not bothered by a bit of risque talk then go check her out! 

#2. Sharon The Makeup Artist
Here is her "about me" info from  her blog. 
"Hello lovely and thanks for stopping by! You’ve probably already gathered that my name is Sharon, and I make YouTube videos and write about makeup. I’m Irish (not Canadian or Scottish!) and have been living in Sydney for the past two years and loving it! Sunshine does the soul a lot of good.
In the past I’ve worked for various makeup brands in department stores, like Benefit and MAC, but I recently took the plunge to go out on my own and become a freelance Artist. It’s given me a lot more time to dedicate to writing on here and creating content for my channel and hopefully some day I’ll be able to afford to buy clothes again!"


Sharon was one of the first YouTube Beauty Gurus that I watched and actually tried to recreate one of her makeup looks. She is so down to earth and just so sincere. I NEVER miss watching one of her videos. She does incredible beauty looks for everyday as well as some gorgeous dramatic looks. Give her a look and trust me you won't be disappointed! 

#1. Pixiwoo
Here is some basic info from their Facebook page. 
"In October, 2008, Samantha Chapman began producing make-up tutorials on YouTube under the name, Pixiwoo. Her sister Nicola joined her soon after. Together, they have produced over five hundred videos for this channel. The videos include tutorials and reviews of various beauty products. The Chapman sisters are also currently running five day make-up courses from their Norwich make-up studio."
Pixiwoo was the first channel on YouTube that I subscribed to. I was amazed at how creative the videos were and how easy they made things look. Of course now that I have been working as a free lance artist for a little while I see how much talent the two of them have and things look easy for them because they have been working in the makeup industry for quite some time. Their videos are descriptive and they showcase so many different makeup brands from high end to drugstore. If you go to the Pixiwoo website they do tons of beauty product reviews; not only makeup but skin care and hair care. If you are beauty obsessed like me go check them out. They are insanely beautiful and so down to earth and full of amazing knowledge! 
There are my top three....do you follow any beauty gurus on YouTube? I would love to hear who you follow. Stay tuned for Day 6: Holy Grail Products. 

I leave you with this quote on bing and I just love it...

"For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it." 
~ Ivan Panin

Comments

Popular Posts