30 Days of Beauty....

I have to apologize...I am so behind in keeping up with my blog. It's been hard since my kids finished school. I don't seem to have much time but I am really going to make a huge effort to get back into writing. I love sharing beauty products, tips, and techniques with you all but sometimes I feel a little less unsure of what to share.

About a week ago I came across a 30 Days of Beauty and thought that would be a great way for me to share with all of you. Today is Day 1 and Day 2 of 30....my fave brands AND my favorite Foundations. In an effort to not go crazy with all the products I love, I figured I would do my fave brands for the eyes, lips and then face. I mean makeup is my passion so why not share with all of you.

First up is eyes. This was hard. I have quite a few brands that are my favorite. But if I had to pick one I would say it's Makeup Geek eye shadows. I have shared this brand many times and I am always amazed at how wonderful the quality is and you can beat the price! You can purchase individual pans shadows or shadows in cases. These shadows rival big names like MAC or even Urban Decay for about half the cost. There are a ton of colors to pick from as well as finishes.  Matte, Satin, Shimmer...a huge variety. Not only can you pick up eye shadows there are incredible loose pigments....and there color pay off is AMAZING!

Next up is lips. I often go back and forth about lip products. I often pick out lipsticks that I think I am going to use all the time and I seem to always go back to lip glosses. Some of my favorite lip glosses are by NYX Cosmetics. My absolute favorites are the NYX Butter Glosses. There are 22 shades to choose from - ranging from light pink to dark burgundy. The texture is almost sheer but gives you medium coverage and they have an almost vanilla smell, but nothing that is overpowering. These glosses are extremely inexpensive. They retail for $4.99 and I generally purchase mine at Ulta but I have seen a few CVS Pharmacy's as well as a few Target Stores. Right now I believe Ulta has them buy one get on at 50%....which makes them $2.99.....a total steal.

Lastly we have face. I go through a lot of foundation. Mainly on my Brides and I have to say that MAC Cosmetics Foundations are my favorite. Their foundations range from very sheer to full coverage. The line is definitely on the higher end but if you are looking to invest in good makeup you can't go wrong with MAC.  In my kit I keep Face and Body (a liquid that offers sheer to medium coverage with a satin finish), Mineralize Creme Foundation ( a creme foundation that is full of Shea butter and emollients great for dry skin and is more of a medium to full coverage), Studio Fix Powder Foundation (a powder foundation that offers a full coverage with a matte finish), and lastly Studio Tech Foundation (creme that has light diffusing qualities with full coverage and a light matte finish.) They retail from $27 up to $34.00 and offer a huge range of shades....perfect for any skin tone.

I hope this was helpful for all my lovely readers and if you pick up something new be sure to let me know. I would love to hear if one of my favorites becomes one of yours!

I apologize for not having any pictures. I am still trying to figure out my new computer. Bear with me!!

Stay tuned for Day 3 ~ Face of the Day! 

Comments

Popular Posts