30 Days of Beauty ~ My favorite concealer...

Day 7. Favorite concealer. This was not as difficult as the other days. I have two that I go to for most of my Brides.

The first is MAC Prolongwear Concealer. This is a long wearing & light weight concealer. It has a medium to full coverage with a slight matte finish. This concealer will help with under eye circles and any discolorations to the skin. If you have extremely dry skin in your under eye area you may want to prime with a hydrating eye cream as this does set to matte finish. It retails for $19.00 and comes in a large variety of shades. My only gripe about this concealer is that it comes with a little pump which normally I would love but this tends to push out just a touch to much product. But it works so well and is so long wearing it really is perfect for Brides.

Next is by Makeup Forever and it's the 5 Camouflage Cream Palette. As the name implies there are 5 concealer pans ranging from light to medium and with one color corrector. I have the the No. 1 palette which is suitable for fair to light skin tones but there are two others: No. 2 - for light to medium skin and No. 4 for dark skin tones. This concealer will provide full coverage but the texture is light and it's easy to blend either with your fingers or a brush. It retails for $38.00 and can be purchased at Sephora or the Make Up Forever website.

You can see I use this palette often! Sorry for all the smudgy finger prints!
If you are looking for a good drugstore concealer Maybelline makes a great one from their Fit Me line. This is a lightweight creamy concealer that you apply with a doe foot (similar to a lip gloss wand.) It blends extremely well and covers basic imperfections.  There is a pretty good shade range and it retails for about $6-7 depending on where you pick it up.  I don't have all the shades but I found a great pic on Bing that highlights the range.


Stay tuned for Day 8 ~ Brushes!
I will leave you with wise words from Marc Jacobs:

"To me, beauty and makeup and color is like the finishing touch on everything."

Comments

Popular Posts