30 Days of Beauty ~ Favorite Brushes....

Day 7 is all about my favorite brushes. I touched on these back on day 6 - one of my favorite brand is by Real Techniques.  Which as you know was created by Sam Chapman, co-creater of the infamous duo Pixiwoo. Here is a brief into about the two:

"Sisters Sam and Nic Chapman are the stars of the UK’s No. 1 YouTube beauty channel, Pixiwoo. The sisters have a combined 30 years of experience, both starting their careers as makeup artists soon after their sixteenth birthdays, working countless fashion shows, red carpets, editorials and collaborating with some of the top fashion photographers and magazines in the world. In 2008, Sam and Nic launched the Pixiwoo YouTube channel where they offer tips, tutorials and advice to women around the world on how to achieve the best and hottest looks. Sam and Nic live outside of London, England."

There are a million reasons I love this brush line but to keep this blog post on the shorter side let me share a few of the more important reasons. 

1. First they are synthetic. These brushes are taklon which is 100% cruelty free. And they are soft beyond soft beyond soft. You can use them for any type of makeup. Cream, liquid or powder and they are a breeze to clean! 

2. All of the brushes are color coded. Gold for base, purple for eyes and pink for finish. 

3. All the brushes have their names on the handles so its easy to reference when you are applying makeup. 

4. The price! The quality of these brushes rival other high end brands but at about half the cost. You can purchase the brushes directly from the Real Techniques site or from Ulta.  Prices range from $5.99 to $29.99. There are individual brushes as well as sets. 

Lets get looking at some brushes! 

First up is from the Base set. From top to bottom: 

~ Pointed Foundation Brush (Core Collection, $17.99)
~ Essential Foundation Brush (Travel Collection, $17.99)
~ Contour Brush (Core Collection)
~ Foundation Brush (Ind. brush, $7.99)
~ Expert Face Brush (Ind. brush, $8.99)
~ Buffing Brush (Core Collection) 
~ Powder Brush (Ind. brush, $9.99)



Next up are brushes from the Eyes Set: 

~ Accent Brush (Starter Collection, $17.99)
~ Silicone Eye Liner Brush (Ind., $5.99)
~ Brow Brush (Starter Collection)
~ Shading Brush (Ind., $5.99)
~ Base Shadow Brush (Starter Collection
~ Domed Shadow Brush (Travel Essentials Collection, $17.99)
~ Deluxe Crease Brush (Starter Collection) 


And lastly the Finish Set. Again from top to bottom: 

~ Retractable Lip Brush (Ind., $5.99)
~Setting Brush (Ind., $7.99)
~ Stippling Brush (Ind., $9.99) *Not sure why this is in the Finish category because I use it for   foundation
~ Multi-Task Brush (Travel Essential Collection, $17.99)
~Blush Brush (Ind., $8.99)



I believe that there are two other individual brushes that I do not have: a retractable Kabuki brush and a retractable Bronzer Brush. Not sure I will pick these two up just because I have quite a few face brushes and these both have really fat handles which makes it difficult to store in my my brush bag for jobs. 

One of the other items that I LOVE from Real Techniques is there Miracle Complexion Sponge. It is not technically a brush but I use it hand in hand with my brushes and it is quite a steal at just $5.99. This sponge is a perfect dupe for the more expensive Beauty Blender. I wrote a blog post all about how these two compare. You can check that out here...


Well that sums up Day 7. If you are looking for some great quality brushes that won't break the bank I highly suggest taking a look at the Real Techniques Brand. Let me know if you pick some up and what you think...I love hearing from my readers and their Makeup Adventures! 

I will be out of town for a wedding but I will be back on Monday with Day 9 ~ What's in your bag. Have a wonderful weekend my beauties!

Comments

Popular Posts