30 Days of Beauty ~ Holy Grail Beauty Products...

Day 6. Holy Grail Beauty Products. I tell you this challenge has me really working hard. I often feel that I can't live without ANY of the products I use but then I have a good conversation with myself and realize that I can in fact live without all 10 brown eye shadows I have. Me, myself and I have lots of chats like this. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. 


But I digress. 


Holy Grail Products. The things I can't live without. 

First up would have to be my makeup brushes. I couldn't be a makeup artist without them. And one of my absolute favorites are the Real Techniques Brushes. 

Real Techniques brush line was created by Sam Chapman (that name may sound familiar as she was co-creator of Pixiwoo.) They are amazing. The brushes are synthetic based which means you can use them for any type of product; liquid, cream, powder. The quality is fantastic and the price even better. 

They are sold at Ulta or you can purchase them directly from the Real Techniques site. They range in price $5.99 to $17.99. There are brushes that are sold individually and some that are sold in kits. I have every brush but three from the ENTIRE collection. And they will soon be added to my collection I'm sure. They are phenomenal. 


Real Techniques Brushes
Second would be my MAC Face and Body Foundation. I use this on 85% of my brides. It's water based and very light, but has buildable coverage. It has a natural satin finish, with just a touch of shine to it. It also has skin conditioners and is water resistant. I couldn't live without it.  There is a wide range of shades and there are two sizes; 50 ml and 120 ml. The 50 ml retails for $27 and the 120 ml retails for $35. 



Third would have to be my Mascara. I don't think that I could pick just one favorite. My top three are Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara, L'Oreal Voluminous and Cover Girl Clump Crusher. 

The Clump Crusher retails for $6-7 depending on where you purchase it. It's hard to see in the picture but it has a rubber molded brush and it just grabs every lash without making them clumpy (ha ha, hence the name.) You can find this just about anywhere makeup is sold. 

The Eyeko Skinny Brush is a new find for me and when I first started using it I didn't care for it but now I use it almost every day. This mascara has a teeny tiny wand which works amazing at lengthening my lashes. It has a moisturizing formula along with Vitamin B and natural oils to help prevent breakage! It comes in a no waste squeeze tube so you can get every last drop AND you just flip the tube over and you have a built in shield. No more mascara smudges on my upper lid! LOVE! This retails for $19.00 at Sephora. 

L'oreal Voluminous Mascara has been in my makeup collection for years. It's is one of those products that I go back to time and time again. It has a nice fat brush which helps give my straight lashes lots of volume and the formula is just really easy to work with. Recently I started using the Carbon Black, it's the same formula but it's black as black can get for mascara! This is a mascara I would use if I was going to do really nude eyes and a dark lip. It gives your lashes such depth because of how dark it is. It retails for $6-7 depending on where you get it and similar to the Cover Girl you can find it almost anywhere makeup is sold. 


L to R: Cover Girl Clump Crusher, Eyeko Skin Brush, L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black


And Lastly my makeup remover. One of my favorites is by Mary Kay. It's an oil free remover and it gently removes makeup, even waterproof mascara without having to tug or pull on your eyes

It's suitable for sensitive eyes and hypoallergenic and ophthalmologist tested. It retails for $15.00 for 3.75 ounces. and it's worth every penny! 


Day 6 done!

Stay tuned for Day 7. My favorite concealers!


Comments

Popular Posts