30 Days of Beauty ~ Face Of The Day....

In true Miranda fashion I'm late with this blog post. I have family visiting from Michigan for my son's birthday this weekend so my computer has been put on the back burner. But I managed to squeeze in a few minutes to get this post up.

This makeup is probably the look that I gravitate towards the most. For a few reasons; it's fast, it's easy and give you the appearance that you spent lots of time on your makeup. When you have a 6 year old and a 4 year old running around you have to be fast.

CeraVe Moisturizer
I always start with a moisturized face....I have been using CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion and really have been loving it. You can get this at Ulta, Target and I believe Walmart carries it. They have a few different options. With sunscreen or without and they also have body lotion.

Next I start with my foundation. For this look I used two different MAC Foundations. First I used Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 in the middle of my face and then Mineralize Foundation in NW25 on the perimeter for a light contour. I love doing this type of contouring because it gives me a very natural looking shadows which is perfect for a daytime look. I blend this all in using my beauty blender.

I did some spot concealing with my Makeup Forever Camouflage Cream Palette in No'1. This is a wonderful palette since it has so many color options and one color corrector. You can purchase this at Sephora, and it comes in two other shade selections. After my concealing is all done I set my face with a light dusting of translucent powder.

Foundation, Brows, and Concealor
Next comes my brows. My fave brow product these days is from Anastasia of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. This is such an amazing product especially for summer. It's a smudge free, water resistant pomade that goes on extremely smooth and lasts all day. You can purchase this at Sephora or directly from the Anastasia Beverly Hills website. I used Blonde and Chocolate.

Cheeks, Eyes and Lips done!
For the eyes I used two different palettes. The Creme de la Creme Palette and the Etude Palette from Saucebox Cosmetics. These are my absolute FAVORITE palettes these days. They blend beautifully and are so pigmented. On my lid I used Inception 
from the Creme de la Creme palette...I used a soft fluffy blending brush to lightly blend from my lid into my crease and just under my lower lash line. Then I used a stiff angled brush and very lightly lined my upper lash line with Black Widow from the same palette. From the Etude palette I used Beaming as a highlight on my brow bone.

Because Inception has a shimmery bronze tone I wanted to use a matte shadow on my brows to keep the makeup softer. Lastly I did about 3 or 4 coats of Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Mascara.

For my cheeks I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. By using a powder over the cream foundation it helps the makeup to last all day. On my lips I used L'oreal Colour Riche Extraordinary Lip Color in Molto Mauve.

For this particular day I knew it was going to be really warm out so I used NYX Cosmetics Matte Finish Setting Spray. This is a great affordable setting spray...you can purchase it as Ulta for $7.99. It also comes in a Dewey Finish if you prefer that. And here is the final look.


As I said ~ easy AND fast!  I think this entire look took me less than 15 minutes. The great thing about this look is you can customize it to your liking. Since I have blue eyes the bronze tones in the eye shadow I used on my lids makes them pop. If you have green eyes you could use a smokey purple or if you have brown you do just about any color you want!

And don't forget....

“A Smile is a best make up any girl can wear..” 
― Unknown

Comments

Popular Posts