Product Review ~ Maybelline Lash Sensational

Mascara is the one beauty product I wear every day. I just can't leave the house without it. I have thin lashes and they are fairly light so I look weird  (in my opinion) without some mascara on. 

Since it is the one thing I wear every day I am always on the hunt for the BEST mascara.  And at one time I fell in love with this guy...

The Diorshow Mascara from Christian Dior. In the beauty industry it's a cult classic. And its amazing. I have never had such full lashes. The formula is outstanding. It never gets clumpy. It has an awesome brush. It is super black. It's the perfect mascara. 

But it's also $25. And with mascara being an item that I run out of quickly I just can't do it. 

Since I buy a lot of mascara I tend to stick to drugstore brands. I have found some that I really love. Such as Cover Girl's Clump Crusher and Rimmel's Lash Accelerator and my longtime love, L'oreal Voluminous Mascara

On a recent trip to Target I came across a new one from Maybelline. It's called Lash Sensational and to not sound too cliche'  it IS pretty sensational. It has a slightly curved brush and the idea is you use the inner part of the curve first to coat your lashes and then take the outer curve and run through your lashes for volume. 


I have used this for about a week and it has quickly become my go-to mascara. I can apply one coat and my lashes are long, full and super dark. Which I LOVE! The pic below is with just one coat. 



The brush is made of rubber and has 10 rows of little combs that do such a great job of grabbing every single lash. Apply a second coat and you have big bold lashes! 

It comes in three shades: Blackest Black, Very Black and Brownish Black.  I purchased mine at Target and I think it retailed for around $6 or $7. I did a location search on the Maybelline website and it can also be found at CVS and Walgreens. This is definitely a keeper and I will be purchasing the Brownish Black for days I want a softer looking eye. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday and I'm looking forward to another year filled with tons of beauty tips, tutorials and more! Happy New Year my beauties! 




Overall Rating: 8 out of 10
Repurchase Probability:  90% 
Pros: It separates my lashes and give them great volume. It also leaves them looking super black. 
Cons: After it dried my lashes felt a bit stiff, not horrible but stiffer than I usually like.

Comments

Popular Posts