Product Review ~ ColourPop Cosmetics...

As a younger girl I was pretty consistent with my makeup. I often wore the same colors, all the time. Neutral browns & grays on the eyes. Soft pink on the cheeks and neutral lip gloss. It was pretty but kind of boring. 

As I mature (that sounds so much nicer than "getting older"...) I am leaning more and more towards more colorful looks. Thus I have been looking to new brands to find those bold colors but for brands that are a little gentler on my wallet. 

In walks ColourPop Cosmetics

This was a brand that I came across on Youtube (shocking I know...) and I kept hearing how great the product was so I took a look one day and was blown away by two things. 1) how many colors they offered and 2) everything was only $5!!!!!!!!!! They are a California based company and all their products are made right here in the USA. AND as if all that wasn't enough they are SUPER animal friendly. 

I picked up four of their Colour Shock Shadows: Krinkle, Sequin, Too Shy and Rex. I also purchased two of their lip pencils & lippie stix: Brink and Bitchette. These are the most interesting shadows I have ever used. They feel almost creamy in texture but they are a powder. I found using my finger to pat it on was the best way to apply it to my lid. The color that is in the pot is exactly what shade ends up on your eye. You can really wear these shadows super intense or you can blend them out and they give a glow of color that is truly stunning. 


Here are some swatches...one swirl of my finger in the pot and one swatch on my arm. Krinkle is a light smokey blue loaded with silver , Sequin is a bright copper penny color with flecks of gold and silver, Too Shy is a cobalt blue packed with violet, aqua and silver glitter, and lastly is Rex (my favorite...) a black loaded with multiple shades of blue glitter. Amazing! 


The lippie stix and pencils were just as awesome! The lip liner was really creamy and easy to apply and I LOVE that the lipstick comes in a pencil form. It makes it so easy to apply. Brink is a warm dusty taupe that is a matte finish and Bitchette is a deep red, also matte. The website says that Bitchette was a deep red wine but I found that it was brighter on than it looked online. Plus I paired it with a shiny red lipgloss so it did come out a bit brighter than it is in the actual tube. 


Here are some shots with a few of the shadows on and I did two different lips so you could see what they look like on. 

Brink lippie w/Krinkle and Rex on the eyes...
Bitchette on the lip (with a red gloss over top)...
I was really impressed with these products and would absolutely pick up more shades...eye shadows and lippie stix!

Happy Holidays to you all and I will be back after Christmas with more fun stuff!! 


Overall Rating: 9 out of 10
Repurchase Probability:  100% 
Pros: The texture is amazing along with the pigmentation. I also love how easily the shadows blended. 
Cons: I wish that the shadows came in pot form. I would love to be able to pop these into a z palette. But for $5 I can deal! 

Comments

Popular Posts