Dry Shampoo Tutorial..

Winter is upon us...for me that means extra dry skin and extra dry hair. Which means that shampooing my hair every day makes it even more dry....how do I tackle this dilemma  I grab my dry shampoo! 

Using a dry shampoo is a wonderful tool. It will help give your hair volume and texture even though you haven't washed your hair in a couple of days. So how do you use this magical product! Read on my beauties and I will share how I use it! 

I have been using Batiste Dry Shampoo Strength & Shine and have really loved it, but you can use any dry shampoo of your choice.  You want to focus mostly on the roots, but you can spray some on the tips if you hair just needs a bit of refreshing. 

I typically start at the bottom of my head and work my way up. I grab a section spray to the roots and then start layering up to the top. Be sure to give your can a good shake before, and during this process. 

Now let it settle in. Wait about 5 to 10 minutes to the dry shampoo can absorb the oil in your hair. If you have oily hair you may need to give it a few minutes more. I usually spend this time applying my face moisturizer or brushing my teeth. 

Here is a tutorial of me using the dry shampoo....this is my very first video tutorial so I apologize if it seems a bit wonky. Still trying to figure out my camera and angles, etc. 



And ta~da your done! 

Dry shampoo gives your hair the appearance of being clean, since it absorbs the oil that can make hair look dirty. Find the washing routine that works for you, whether it's three times a week or less, and use dry shampoo every day in between.

You can also use a dry shampoo on these occasions....

  • Use dry shampoo after a trip to the gym. Dry shampoo can also come in handy when you've exercised and don't have time to take a shower before returning to work or school.
  • Use dry shampoo after a long airplane flight or a travel day. It's convenient to carry a small bottle for times when you don't have access to a shower.
  • Don't use dry shampoo more than a few times in a row before washing your hair with regular shampoo and water. Since dry shampoo doesn't clean skin flakes and other debris from your hair, it's necessary to use water regularly.
I hope that helps and would love to hear if you have a brand that you love! 

Comments

Popular Posts