Product Review ~ Physicians Formula Healthy Glow Bronzer...

I have to apologize! 

I have been MIA for the last week. My little ones started school and it's been a hectic week.
CRAZY HECTIC....

But hopefully things will start calming down and I can get back on track. Without further ado let's talk some makeup! 

With summer coming to a close I am spending less time outside which usually means that the tiny bit of color I was able to get naturally from the sun disappears. And quickly.....so I have been looking for a new bronzer that would help me transition from late summer to early fall without being too dark, or too light.  

Physicians Formula Healthy Glow Bronzer
When I saw the Physicians Formula Healthy Glow Bronzer I was intrigued.  It looks very similar to Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick in Rose (which I have heard amazing things about) but with a much different price! I decided that before I go and shell out $42 for the Bobbi Brown one I would give this one a try and spend $10.97!! 

This particular Bronzer comes in 3 different shades; Miami Strip, Riveria Strip and Waikiki Strip.  I picked the Miami Strip because I liked the lighter shade of pink at the top.  Riveria Strip was darker tones and Waikiki was more golden. I have used this for a couple of days and I am pretty pleased with it.  You can actually use this product for multiple purposes, which I love!

To use as a Bronzer, sweep a fluffy blush brush through all five shades and dust lightly over face where light naturally hits for the most flattering look, i.e. apples of the cheeks, temple, down the bridge of your nose, and lightly on your chin. To use as a Blush, sweep through all five shades and dust lightly over cheeks to highlight and accentuate. Or to use as an Eye Shadow, use a medium shade on the eyelid and a dark shade in the crease of the eyelid to contour, add a highlighting effect by applying the lightest shade in the compact just under the brows.

Now be careful if you are using this because there is A LOT of shimmer to it.  If used sparingly it will give you a really pretty subtle glow.  The trick is to build up slowly, sweep a little bit on and if you need more do a tiny bit.  Otherwise you are going to look like you are heading to the disco!

Here are some individual color swatches....


As you can see the colors are extremely shimmery so use this product with a light hand.  As I mentioned I paid $10.97 at Wal-Mart but I know you can get Physicians Formula at Target, and I think all of the Drugstore chains (Walgreens, CVS, and Rite-Aid).  You can also purchase it at Ulta.

Here is a picture of me wearing it as a blusher/highlighter....as you can see there is a very soft sheen on my cheekbones and just a touch on my brow bone.  I also used the pink on the inner corner of my eyes as well, you just can't see from this angle. 





Physicians Formula is a fairly new brand to me so I would love to hear from any of my readers if they like this brand and what you  have used or maybe what your favorite Bronzer is. Talk to you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts