Nordstrom Rack...a deal and then some!

I love a deal. What I love even better is getting high end stuff at a really good price.

A good friend of mine shared with me recently that Nordstrom Rack was selling really good makeup (NARS, Urban Decay, etc....) at really cheap prices. I couldn't believe it but lo' and behold it's true!!!

I went last Saturday and was in heaven. I restrained myself and only picked up a few things but I will be going back for sure!Here is a pic of my haul...I apologize the pic is a little off center. I was so giddy about trying the products I was rushing to get pictures. 


Let's do a breakdown of my mini-haul!

Up first is the Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. I am obsessed with chap stick, I may have mentioned this a few times. Little tubes of chap stick are all over my house. The kitchen, the living room and of course right next to my bed. I love these particular ones because they keep my lips soft and they smell nice. They normally retail for $3.29 at Target - at NR (Nordstrom Rack) they were $2.97.

Next is OPI Nail Polish in "Muir, Muir On The Wall"...Such a fantastic color for fall. It's a deep burgundy with hints of gold, green and purple. OPI Polishes normally retail for around $9.00, at ND I paid $7.97! I cannot wait to get this on my fingers and toes! here is a close up...


Next is NYX Roll~On Eye Shimmer. This is such a fantastic little eye color. It's a taupe color but has all kinds of really fine shimmer too it.  I tested it in the store on my hand and instantly fell in love! It was a gorgeous brown shade that was pretty neutral but still had beautiful shimmer to it. I am really excited to do some looks with this little guy. This was the one product that I didn't get a better deal on...it retails at Ulta for $3.99 but I paid $4.50 at ND. Bummer, but I will just make sure I head to Ulta for more of these.

I also picked up a Stila Prime Pot. This is basically a product you can use as an eye primer under another eye shadow to intensify the color or you can use it by itself.  Once applied it will set to a matte finish.  I believe that Stila had discontinued these and they now have what they called a smudge pot. Basically the same thing....just a different name. The color I picked up was called Taffy. It's a nude color with just a hint of pink.

Here are color swatches of both products. On the left is the NYX Roll On Shimmer with the Stila Prime Pot underneath.  The center is of the NYX Roll On all by itself and the far right is the Stila Prime Pot by itself.


Next I came across an awesome foundation primer by Smashbox ~The Hydrating Photo Finish Foundation Primer.  I picked up this particular primer because I have dry skin and I have used Smashbox's original primer but it doesn't always work best with my skin. This primer immediately quenches dry skin and will help seal in moisture so my foundation will stay looking fresh without settling into any fine lines. The size that I picked up Sephora does sell, its considered a travel size. At Sephora it retails for $10, at ND I picked it up for $8.97.

Lastly is the one product that I am ecstatic to have found! It's the Urban Decay Ammo Palette. Urban Decay created this palette to celebrate their 10th birthday. They packed 10 of their bestselling shades into one little palette. It normally retails for $38.00 at ND I picked it up for $11.97!! All 10 colors have some shimmer or glitter in them, which I don't mind as this is a perfect palette for creating fun and dramatic looks but 4 of the colors are very neutral tones so you could still pull of a more natural look.  Here are some color swatches....

L to R: Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Last Call and Chopper

L to R: Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter and Sin
All of the swatches were taken with one swipe of my finger so as you can see they are extremely pigmented. They all blended well, and were very soft to the touch. I posted a look on Instagram the other day that was very dramatic and I used three of the colors: Oil Slick, Smog and Sin.


This look is definitely not for everyday but it was so much fun to do with these colors. They are just amazing!

All in all I saved about $45...I really need to head back and check out their clothes. I didn't have a lot of time but I took a peak around and there was some really cute stuff I may have to go back for!!

Where is your favorite place to get a good beauty deal? Any spots I should go check out??

Comments

Popular Posts