My nighttime routine...

I wish that I could go back about 15 years and slap my younger self....my poor skin has paid the price of my ignorance as young woman. Lately I have become more and more aware of what works for my skin, as well as what doesn't. 

Removing my makeup at night is an absolute must but because I have such dry skin I really need products that are going to provide my skin with a lot of moisture.  For a long time I was just using any old cleanser that might be on sale but I am quickly seeing that using just any "old cleanser" was drying my skin out more than it was just cleaning my face.

So here is my nighttime run down....

I start off using Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser. I apply this on a dry face and work it gently all over my face....I wish that I would have taken a picture because it looks ridiculously scary. All my eyeshadow and mascara smeared everywhere...it's quite a sight.

Then I grab a clean washcloth and run it under warm/hot water. I then place it over my face and lightly press it into my face.  I try not to rub, no need for more unwanted wrinkles. I rinse the washcloth and then press again into my face to remove any last remnant's of makeup. This stage is kind of like a mini-facial. This is my favorite part. It's so relaxing...

Next I grab my Cetaphil Daily Cleanser and lightly wash my face. This is a great cleanser as it's really gentle on the skin and doesn't give me that "tight" skin feel.


After that I gently dry off my face and apply my Elizabeth Arden Good Night Sleep Restoring Cream all over my face and neck. I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer. It makes my skin feel amazing and has such a lovely, clean smell.  It's not overpowering or overtly perfumey.


Both the Pond's (around $4-5) and Cetaphil (around $6-7) can be purchased just about anywhere....Target, Wal-Mart, or any of the chain Drugstores.  The Elizabeth Arden Good Night Sleep Restoring Cream can be purchase from Amazon for around $30.00. But I actually found mine at Marshall's for $14.99 - the box was a little banged up so that may be why it was there but I am all about a deal. I will be checking back at Marshall's before I buy from Amazon.

Some nights I just don't have it in me to go through my whole routine.....

When that happens I bust out my Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes.  I try not to use these a lot as I don't feel they give my skin the moisture it needs but they work in a pinch. They are also found just about anywhere for about $6.



What is your routine? I would love to hear what your skincare routine is....or if you have any products you just have to have!

Comments

Popular Posts