Besame Brightening Violet Powder...

In my June Wantable Beauty Box I received the Besame Brightening Violet Powder. This product is a translucent loose powder that essentially adds a hint of brightness to your skin.  The powder is finely milled and has a subtle violet undertone which is suitable for any skin tone.

I have used this for about a week now. With both full foundation and my tinted moisturizer and I have mixed reviews.  First off the packaging is ADORABLE! It comes in a little metal tin and it has a very retro 20's 30's feel to it. I may have to see if I can recycle this tin once the powder is gone.

I also LOVE the scent, it's a very soft floral fragrance. The tin comes with a little face puff which I did not care.  I didn't feel it distributed the powder  evenly,  so I have just been using a powder brush.  I did feel that the powder brightened up my skin but it also left me with a very matte finish.
Because I have such dry skin I prefer to stay away from things that give me to much of a "dry" look. I did like using it to set my concealer, although I don't think I would consider this product to be long wearing. About half way through the day I noticed I had some creasing in my under eye area. 

The regular retail price for this product is  $22.00 for only 0.21 oz., which seems pretty pricey! There are only 7 items for the entire Besame line; lipstick, a blush, lip balm, mascara, a pressed powder compact, and a lip glaze (basically a gloss), and of course the Brightening powder.  I am fairly certain I would not re-purchase this item once it's gone. My Stay Matte Pressed Powder by Rimmel works just as well and for significantly less!

My next Beauty Box review will be the MiA BelleZZa Eye Crayon!! So stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts