Friday Favorites...

Foundation. The integral piece to start with when applying makeup. Picking the right foundation can be daunting. What color, what type, what finish????

It can be overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be. Foundation is essential to any makeup look, because it acts as a base upon which the rest of the look is built upon. If foundation is not there or it is used incorrectly, this can affect the entire look, as it can make the difference between an enviable, healthy glow and a ghastly appearance.  There are many types of foundation to choose from, but there are three that I usually stick to.  A tinted moisturizer, a BB cream, and full coverage foundation.

First off is my tinted moisturizer.  I use one by Fusion Beauty. It's called Prime Results Tinted Moisturizer + SPF 15.  This tinted moisturizer goes on extremely sheer with just a touch of coverage. I have dry skin, in the winter REALLY dry skin and this does a great job of keeping my skin hydrated while covering a few spots that I have. It's very silky and I really like the way it smells. This is my day-to-day product.  I originally bought mine from Sephora but they no longer carry this brand. Your can purchase directly from the Fusion Beauty site, AND right now this product is on sale for $20.

Next is my BB Cream. I use Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. What is a BB cream you ask? A BB Cream is a “Blemish Balm” cream that tends to be a moisturizer, sun block, primer, and foundation all in one and have a variety of anti-aging, anti-acne, whitening, pore tightening, and brightening properties. It offers a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but not as full a coverage as a regular liquid or cream foundation. 

What I love about the Smashbox BB Cream is that it not only moisturizes, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects the skin, it's formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments so I get glowing skin with a little bit of coverage. Plus this has an SPF +35. I use this a lot in the summer when I want a little coverage but nothing that is going to melt of my face. This works wonderfully. And a little goes a long way. I bought my tube back June or July of last year and I just getting to the end of the tube. There are 5 different color shades which makes it easy to find your perfect shade.  This was a splurge for me, it's a bit on the pricey side, selling for $39 at Sephora but really, truly worth every penny. 

Lastly is my full coverage foundation. Up until a few months ago I hadn't really been wearing foundation, I was faithful to my tinted moisturizer and BB Cream but I started hearing about this Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation all over YouTube and decided to give it a go. The Colorstay product line from Revlon is awesome.

I have used many of their lip stains, eye liners and such and they really do "stay" for quite a long time, so I was curious to see how the foundation held up. It is fantastic! It has a mousse-like texture which I was a little unsure of but have grown to love. It goes on incredibly easy, it's silky texture gives you a soft matte finish. For me that is great because I only use this for an evening out so I tend to go for a more dramatic look.  There are 12 different shades and it's not to bad price wise. I bought mine at Target for $11.99 and Ulta sells it for $13.99.  It's a few bucks more at Ulta but they often run great BOGO sales (Buy one get one.)

Let me know what some of your favorites as well if there are any products you would like me to text out!

Beauty is how you feel inside and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.
― Sophia Loren.

Comments

Popular Posts