Flower....

Firestarter. Never Been Kissed. Charlie's Angels. And of course who can forget E.T: The Extra Terrestrial.

If you haven't figured it out by now these are all movies featuring Drew Barrymore. I love her. She is one of my favorite actresses. During her long career she has done it all. Actress, film director, screenwriter, producer, and model. And all while sporting a gorgeous, genuine smile. She seems very "un"hollywood to me and I love that about her. When I heard that she was creating her own cosmetics line I was thrilled. Then I found out it was going to be carried at Wal-mart.  I was even more excited. I trucked myself right on down there and picked up a few things.

The line is called Flower ~ so fitting for her personality. I was immediately impressed by the variety. Not only where there a lot of products, there was a wide range of colors in foundations and powders. It's a good way to offer one line to a larger group of people. I also loved the packaging- everything was a simple white with gold touches here and there.

I decided to go with a mascara, a cream eye shadow, and a lipstick.


First up was the Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara. This mascara is supposed to transform lashes to appear dramatically longer, fuller and defined. A unique adjustable brush lets you customize lash volume and length, all by a little twist on the wand. It has D-panthenol which helps to smooth lashes and stimulate growth, and uses rice wax for smudge-proof color.

The first setting is for lengthening the lashes:
 The second setting is for curling the lashes: 
 And the third is for volumizing:

I purchased this in Black-Brown. It retails for $7.98. I have used it a couple times and I am pretty happy with it. It's not my favorite but I am going to keep trying it out. There were also  2 other mascaras, one for Volumizing and one for Lengthening.

Second up was the Color Play Creme Eyeshadow. I chose Vine of the Times. A shimmery light green, which will be perfect for spring. Of all three items this is by far my favorite. This product is enriched with vitamin E for antioxidant protection. It provides a shimmery, almost pearl effect finish that's perfect for every day use. It claims to be a Long-wearing formula, water-infused, has a weightless finish, lid-smoothing texture, and buildable coverage. I really love this shadow! It comes in 12 colors and retails for $7.98. I will for sure be going back for more.

Lastly I picked up Kiss Stick Velvet Lip Color. I don't often wear lipstick - I am more of a lip gloss kind of girl but I saw this color and it just looked so pretty I had to give it a try. I purchased Dahlia Dahling. It retails for $6.98 and it is more of a velvet matte finish, which again will be perfect for spring. It's enriched with Emollient oil to improve shine for a rich, creamy application.

Dahlia Dahling Lipstick and Vine of the Times Creme Shadow
I was pretty surprised by how intense the color was. It was very smooth, almost buttery and again it had a very pretty velvety finish. The color lasted along time, and even after the color started to wear away it left a stain effect on my lips, which I really liked as I have very pale lips.

All in all I was extremely happy with my purchases. I am going to pick up a few more of the creme shadows for sure and maybe try a lip gloss. Kudos to Drew for creating what seems to be a great cosmetics line!

When I lay my head on the pillow at night I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful. 
~Drew Barrymore 

Comments

Popular Posts