Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil vs. Garnier Clean Nourishing Cleansing Oil....

A few weeks back I wrote about the Origins Cleansing Oil that I had fallen in love with. Be still my lovlies ~ I think that I have found a great dupe for it!

Introducing Garnier Clean Nourishing Cleansing Oil!

First let's discuss the Origins Cleansing Oil. Here is what the bottle states:

"This lightweight, high-tech hybrid formula with non-comedogenic, Olive, Sunflower, Sesame and Safflower Oils remove dirt, makeup and pollutants with high efficiency.  Kukui Nut and Macadamia help protect precious natural moisture resources. Vitamin E helps reduce effects of environmental hazards such as irritation that can threaten the comfort of skin. Skin breathes freely. And the energizing aroma of Grapefruit, Orange and Lemon renew your spirits."

To use this oil you gently massage into dry skin. Add warm water to transform oil to a milky lotion. Origins website it retails for $29.00. Because I have such dry skin this cleansing oil has been a lifesaver this winter. I love how silky it feels and it does a wonderful job of removing my eye makeup without any harsh rubbing. I had resigned myself to the fact that this was THE cleanser I would need over the winter months. 
Rinse off or remove with warm wet washcloth. Now you may remember that this Cleansing Oil retailed for $20 - but I bought it at an Outlet Mall. On the

But then I while grocery shopping I came across the display for this Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil and decided to give it a go.

Here is the info from the bottle:

"Cleansing oil instantly dissolves impurities and long wear makeup with no greasy residue. Formula infused with nourishing Jojoba and Macadamia Oil, helps replenish skin's moisture balance. Skin is deeply cleaned, hydrated and skin feels velvety soft.  

You use this the same way as the Origins; apply to a dry face and gently massage, then wet face to emulsify oil then rinse with a warm wet washcloth.  This retails for $5.97 at Wal*Mart but I have seen it for very similar prices at Target, CVS and Walgreens. The texture is identical to the Origins but the smell is slightly different. The Origins has a slight citrus smell and the Garnier has more of a nuttier smell.


After using it for a few weeks I am very happy with it.  It cleans my face quite thoroughly without dryness afterwards. I would say this is a great dupe for the Origins Cleansing Oil. Plus I really like that it comes with a pump, much easier to use then just pouring it out of a bottle.












Enjoy your week my lovlies!

Comments

Popular Posts