A little shimmer & shine...

Here in South Jersey this winter has been brutal. As in much of the Midwest, we have been
bombarded with snow and frigid temps. Because I have been craving spring I have started utilizing my highlighters quite a bit more than usual.  Using a shimmery highlighter gives a beautiful glow to your face - which helps me to remind me that spring and summer are on their way!

Here are a few of my favorites!!

First is Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Miami Strip.  I actually wrote about a review of this last September (you can read that here.) This retails for around $10-$11 depending on where you pick it up. It has five shades ~ ranging from a soft pink to a shimmery bronze. You can swirl them all together to get a all over shimmer or focus on colors individually.

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips - Miami Strip
The next two are from Wet n Wild. The first one is Coloricon Bronzer. I have the shade Reserve Your Cabana. I would say its a shimmery champagne shade. This bronzer retails for $3.99 and can be purchased at most of the big Drugstore Chains.  It blends beautifully and can be used on your cheeks as well as your eyes.

Wet n Wild Coloricon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
The next Wet n Wild product is from The Fergie Centerstage Collection. I have the shade Rose Champagne Glow. This highlighter is just a tad more expensive, retailing for $5.99....still a bargain! The color is more of a pearl with blush tones swirled through it. It will give you a touch of color along with highlighting.  I often use this when I am in a hurry - a blush and highlight all in one!

Wet n Wild The Fergie Centerstage Collection - Rose Champagne Glow

The last two are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES! They are both by MAC. One is a pigment and the other is a Mineralize Skinfinish.

First up is the pigment in the shade Naked. In my opinion MAC does an amazing job on their pigments. They can be applied dry or wet for a more intense color payoff.  I love using this shade on my eyes, my cheeks and even just a touch on the center of my lips. This is a flesh toned beige with a pearl finish.  But it's not overly shimmery, it actually has a matte finish but gives the most amazing sheen when applied to the high points of your face, i.e cheekbones, bridge of your nose, cupids bow. This is on the higher end, retailing for $21.00. But their pigments last FOREVER. I have had this now for almost a year and a half and have not even made a dent in it.

MAC Pigment - Naked
Last but not least is MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. If you are a beauty junkie like me I am certain you have heard about this highlighter. This is the most expensive highlighter that I have and I use it mainly in my professional kit for my brides. It retails for $30.00 - but it's worth every penny.  It is a gorgeous peach bronze with an almost gilded effect. It goes on amazing and just like the pigment can be used all over the face.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Soft and Gentle

That about wraps it up. I hope this was helpful and stay tuned for a new pictorial using one of these highlighters!!

Comments

Popular Posts