Beauty Blender vs. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge....

Many of you have heard me talk about my beloved beauty blender...the little pink sponge that does wonders with foundation for your skin. I love my little sponge and use it daily - and have also started using it on clients.

When wet, the beauty blender doubles in size and becomes incredibly soft and gives your foundation a perfect airbrush appearance.  Yet it returns to its original size when it air dries. Its comes in a little package that serves as a pedestal for drying it on your vanity. The teardrop shape is perfect for applying not only your foundation, the smaller pointy end is just right for applying your concealer under your eyes and around your nose. You can also use it for setting your face with loose or pressed powder.

The downside to the little beauty is the price. You can purchase it on Sephora for $19.95....quite expensive for a little sponge.  But it does give the best finish I have ever seen. And it can last for quite a while if you clean it regularly and take care of it.

I have seen other sponges out in some of the drugstores and have even tried a few that only cost around $5-6 but really didn't like them.  They weren't soft, they didn't blend as well....and then I saw that Real Techniques had a sponge. WHAT!!!! STOP THE PRESSES....

Real Techniques carries a line of brushes that have some of my faves in them. I use these brushes daily on myself and especially for clients.  These are the only brushes that I have bought doubles in so that I have some for my kit AND for me. I like them that much.  Besides loving the quality I love their prices. When I saw that they had a sponge AND it was only $6.00 I knew I had to give it a go and see how it compared to my beauty blender.

The shape on the RT sponges is a little different. It's shaped more like an egg with a point on one end and then a flat sort of groove on one end.  When wet it also doubles in size and I noticed that it felt very similar to the BB when wet - and I have to say it blended just as well!!!! I was able to do all the same things with the RT sponges that I was with my BB. I actually liked the shape of the RT sponge a little better because the flat side fit in my hand a little more when I used the pointed end to blend my concealer.

Here is a look that I achieved using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. This was a makeup look that I did using inspiration from some of the Spring 2014 trends ~ matte white eye makeup.  Planning a pictorial for this look very soon! 

There was only one thing I didn't like about the RT sponge - there was no pedestal to dry it on. I love that about the BB....once cleaned I just pop it on the pedestal and let it air dry.  The packaging with the RT sponge didn't allow for that.  But for a price of $6.00 I am willing to deal and will for sure be purchasing more of these for my kit. If you have been curious about all the hub bub with the little pink sponge and you aren't willing to shell out $20 for one then you should check out the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge! If you do let me know how you like it and what you thought of the finish it gave you. 

Happy Saturday my lovelies!!

Comments

Popular Posts