In the Nude....Lips that is....

I love a good nude lip. Who doesn't right? I kind of have an obsession about finding the perfect nude lipstick.  I hope I am  not the only one out there with this problem.  I decided to go through my collection and pick out a few that I use time and time again.

All are Drugstore except one ~ shocking I know!

L to R: NYX Orange Soda, Cover Girl Delish, Revlon Champagne on Ice, Wet N Wild Bare It All, Milani Dulce Carmelo, and MAC High Tea

First up is NYX Cosmetics Round Case lipstick in Orange Soda. This is a very opaque peachy nude. So it's best to lightly apply with a brush, otherwise you get a weird milky look to your lips. I really love NYX Cosmetics. They are great quality for the price! The round lipsticks retail for $3.99 at ULTA but some Targets are carrying the NYX Brand now so check your local store.  This lipstick has an almost velvet texture and is nice and creamy. It's not super long lasting so you may want to layer it over a nude lip liner. There are over 40 shades, ranging from super bright to perfect nudes! 

Next is Cover Girl Lip Perfection in Delish.  This lipstick is a peach/red toned nude.  This lipstick also has a lovely creamy texture to it. On the Target site it states that it's "Enriched with silk moisturizing complex, our formula helps sustain moisture levels and helps create soft, smooth". This retails for $5.99 at Target and $6.99 at ULTA.  This lasts a little longer than the NYX brand but not much. 

Third is Revlon Super Lustrous Lip color in Champagne On Ice.  This is a lt. brown nude, with a touch of shimmer in it. This is beautiful with MAC's Subculture Lip Liner! This lipstick goes on very smooth and lasts pretty well.  Revlon is very accessible at all major drugstores and this particular lipstick retails anywhere from $5-$7.  It also comes in tons of shades!

Next is one of my FAVE drugstore lipstick! I have wrote about this lipstick before (check that out here). Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in Bare It All.  I have three of these. One for my professional kit, one for my at home collection and a back up just in case. It goes on matte but then melts into your lips to give you the perfect nude lip.  You can layer it with a darker lip liner to change the tone or apply a lighter lip gloss over top.  It lasts for quite a while and it's not drying on the lips. This retails for $1.99 (a steal) and comes in 26 shades. 

The Milani Color Statement Lipstick is new to me but I have really fallen in love with it quickly! I have the color Dulce Carmelo ~ a nude brown with a slight pearl finish to it. It goes on very smooth and strangely smells a bit like watermelon. But not in an overpowering way.  This is another one that goes on very smooth and can be worn well without a liner.  It's lightweight but give really good coverage. It retails for about $6.00, depending where you purchase it.  

Lastly is MAC's Lipstick in High Tea.  This is a pinky beige with a pearl finish.  It's goes on sheer with just a hint of shimmer. I tend to pair this with MAC's Lip liner in Spice.  Because MAC considers this a lustre I would not say it the most long lasting but as with the others if I partner it with a nude liner it last quite well.  This is the most expensive lipstick, retailing for $15.00.  

Here are some colors swatches....top photo is with flash and the bottom is with no flash. So what is your favorite nude? Or do you prefer some color?

L to R: Orange Soda, Delish, Bare It All, Champagne On Ice, Dulce Carmelo, High Tea
L to R: Orange Soda, Delish, Bare It All, Champagne On Ice, Dulce Carmelo, High Tea    

Comments

Popular Posts