Product Review ~ Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil...

Here in South Jersey we are experiencing record cold temps.  Which is wreaking havoc on my already dry skin...ugh. 
But I have a few tricks up my sleeve to combat this weather. 
First is water! And lots of it.  Besides being a beauty junky I am a runner...and I run outside all year long, which again can cause problems for my skin.  But keeping your body well hydrated will help in so many ways.  Think of your skin like your kitchen sponge ~ when it is dry, it is contracted, shriveled, and rigid, so it's hard to bend and liable to split or crack.  But if you put it under your sink and turn on the water, all of a sudden the sponge expands.  And just like a sponge, your skin needs that moisture to expand.  Keep in mind that any fluids you take in will head to all your internal organs first so be sure to keep the "outside" hydrated as well.  Apply a hydrating moisturizer within 2 minutes of leaving the bath or shower. The skin is still porous and is vulnerable to products that are applied following the bath or shower, allowing better absorption.
Due to my dry skin I am constantly on the hunt for a cleanser that will clean my face but keep my skin hydrated...especially on days I am wearing a full face of makeup. I want to be sure to clean my skin down to the pores but to being careful to not dry it out. 
While I was visiting my hometown for the Holidays I went shopping with my Mom to her local outlet mall.  While there we stopped into a store called The Cosmetics Company Store.  This particular stores carries overstock or discontinued items of high end cosmetics and perfumes.  They carry a wide range of items; Clinique, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, MAC, and few more that I can't remember...plus tons of different Perfumes. All at discounted prices. Talk about Nirvana!
I picked up some MAC foundations & concealers for my kit and then poked around at their skin care. I came across this Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil.  After reading the info on the box I thought I would give it a try.  I have been reading a lot about cleansing oils so I was intrigued.  
This is a lightweight, high-tech, hybrid formula with non-comedogenic, Olive, Sunflower, Sesame and Safflower Oils removes dirt, makeup and pollutants with high efficiency. Kukui Nut and Macadamia help protect precious natural moisture resources. Vitamin E helps reduce effects of environmental hazards such as irritation that can threaten the comfort of skin. 
It felt a little weird at first because you apply it to dry skin and work it into the skin.  Then you add warm water and it turns into a milky lotion....work that around and rinse. I first used a couple splashes of warm water (NOT HOT, that will dry the skin), then I gently rinse again using a wet washcloth.  Usually when I wash my face I can almost instantly feel my skin getting tight and I apply my moisturizer, I didn't get that feeling with this.  I was able to go 10-15 minutes without that "tight" feeling.  And it did a pretty good job of removing all my eye makeup. I have found that going in with an oil-free eye makeup remover helps to get my mascara out of all the nooks and crevices of my eye lashes first...then I cleanse.
This normally retails for $29.00 for 6.7 oz., I purchased mine for $20.00. Although I noticed on the Origins website they sell it with a pump...which would be very helpful.  My bottle is just a regular screw top and it comes out very quickly. Which could be disastrous if you are not careful.
I have used this every night since I got it and my skin does feel softer, my wrinkles are still there but I don't get that "dry sponge" feeling quite so much. This is a product I will definitely be repurchasing, and probably from the Origins sight so I can order it with the pump. 
What is your winter beauty regime? Do you have products you HAVE to have in the winter...how does it differ for the summer?

Comments

Popular Posts