Lips, lips, lips...

I have a slight obsession....well I guess more than slight. Not just makeup in general but lip products. Glosses, lipsticks, stains, balms, all of it. This picture does not include the other 20 lipsticks that I de-potted a while back. See that post here...
Please don't judge me!!!
My favorite glosses really are the MAC glosses. They have amazing pigment and they last quite well....but my collection has to grow a little slower due to the price. The drugstore has a great assortment that helps me get my fix....Wink, wink!

One of my fave drugstore brands is the Revlon Color Burst Lipgloss. These glosses give you a glossy finish and they apply pretty evenly.  The packaging is a bit bulky, not actually bulky but they are long, which I find a bit weird.  But they have a nice selection of colors from a shimmery clear to a deep burgandy. I don't find them to be extremely sticky which can happen with glosses and because it IS a gloss they do wear off fairly quickly. 

For me the great price outweighs some of the longevity. They retail for about $7-$8 depending on where you buy them. I often have coupons for CVS and I try to buy them when it's BOGO 50% off.  When you throw in a coupon for $2 or $3 off it's a steal! I have 5 regular colors and 1 limited edition summer color.

L to R: Crystal Water, Bellini, Peony, Crystal Lilac, Bordeaux and Killer Watt
Here are some color swatches...this is with a flash. 

L to R: Crystal Water, Bellini, Peony, Crystal Lilac, Bordeaux and Killer Watt
And here is some swatches with no flash...

L to R: Crystal Water, Bellini, Peony, Crystal Lilac, Bordeaux and Killer Watt
There are 15 colors all together in the collection and I am sure I will be picking up a few more. If you are looking for a nice gloss that's not super sticky and reasonably priced I would give the Revlon Color Burst Glosses a try!

Comments

Popular Posts