The eyes have it....

Mascara.

I can't live without it....

I could probably count on one hand the times that I have walked out of my house without it. Not wearing it would be like leaving my house naked. I just can't do it.....

Now that I have shared THAT, here are a few of my faves.

First up is the Cover Girl Clump Crusher. I remember when this came out. I thought the name was insanely stupid. But because I am a bit of a crazy woman when it comes to "NEW" I bought it anyway. I LOVE this stuff!

My lashes are not extremely long but they do have some length.  Unfortunately they are not full by any means, I would call them skinny....this mascara gives them a nice big boost and makes them appear fuller than they are.  And the name fits - it really doesn't clump. The wand is made of soft rubber and separates my lashes so nicely. I often will pair this with another mascara when I want to get a really nice boost of volume to my lashes.  It's very affordable, retailing for about $7-$8.  Such a great price for an awesome product!

Next is the Maybelline Volume Express The Mega Plush Mascara.  Another great drugstore brand that gives my lashes a big boost.  This is actually a gel-mouse texture which I was a little unsure of when I first bought it. It doesn't give my lashes quite the fullness that the Clump Crusher does but I LOVE the brush.  It has a flexible wand so I can really get to the base of my lashes and coat each and every lash.  I also love that even if I do 2 or 3 coats my lashes always feel soft - I despise when my lashes feel like they are covered in cement! This is also a great deal, right around the $7 mark.

Third in line is one of my higher end Mascara's.  Benefit They're Real Mascara has almost reached cult status on YouTube.  And I can see why! This mascara has the most interesting wand. It has really soft rubber bristles but the end has almost like a ball on the end. This enables you to really get to the base of your lashes and separate them as well as getting those itty bitty baby hairs on the lower lash line. I am amazed at how well the mascara holds up as well.

It is not waterproof but I have gone for a run at the end of the day with my eye makeup on and was expecting to walk in my house with black cheeks and this mascara didn't budge! The formula is really black too, which I love. I tend to go for more dramatic lashes and this mascara gives me that with just 1 or 2 coats.  It's a bit pricier....Ulta sells a mini for $10 (which is what I have) and the full size tube retails for $23.

Lastly is L'oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara. This is another that has reached cult like status in the beauty world.  I have been using the original Voluminous on and off for YEARS....but recently I went for the Full Definition and have fallen in love with it.  This mascara is kind of like my favorite pair of jeans. It just wears so well! It always lengthens my lashes, it plumps them up without getting all clumpy or spidery leg looking. I can put tons of coats on and it goes on like a dream. It has ProVitamin B5 and Vitamin E so my lashes always feel soft.  It retails for around $8 but you can often get it on sale at CVS or Walgreens.  This is a mascara that will always be in my collection. I may  not use it every day but I go back to it time and time again.

Mascara is one of those products that I put on no matter what.  Every single day!  Even when I go swimming. By the way, with the exception of the Benefit's Mascara all these come in a water resistant formula.  Good to know, even if Summer is quickly coming to an end!

What is your favorite Mascara? What do you look for when buying a new mascara? Do you prefer high end or drugstore?

Comments

Popular Posts