Kardashian Beauty Honey Stick Lipgloss Review....

Whew...that title is a mouthfull!

I have to admit that the Kardashian sisters are not my favorite celebrities.  But I do love makeup and I have been stalking their line of cosmetics for quite some time.  I finally decided to bite the bullet and give something out of the line a try.

I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised.

L to R: Summer Honey, Wildflower Honey
Interestingly the line used to be called Khromo Cosmetics but apparently there was another cosmetics line in Florida that was called Kromo Cosmetics (no H); they had a few court battles and the Kardashian girls were forced to change the name.

First off the packaging is very striking. The products are all in white and gold with all capital lettering. It doesn't seem to be a full line of cosmetics. There are quite a few sets of false lashes, a few eye shadows, mascara, lip glosses, a matte bronzer and a cheek highlighter.

I picked up two of the Honey Stick Lipgloss; Summer Honey and Wildflower Honey.  There is a slight smell to them, not quite honey. It's more of a flower, somewhat sweet and perfumey. Not really my favorite smell but it's not offensive.

Summer Honey
Summer Honey is a very light pink, with a slight shimmer.  Wildflower Honey is also a pink tone but a little darker with a nude undertone and also with a slight shimmer.  The pigment is very sheer and goes on smooth, and not too sticky.  Typical to most glosses it doesn't last long but kept my lips very soft.
Wildflower Honey
I purchased my glosses at CVS for $8.99 but I had a $4.00 off coupon.  I don't think that CVS sold the entire line but I know that you can also purchase it at Ulta and they seem to have more of a selection.

All in all these are really nice glosses. I noticed that most of the glosses were very neutral.

I would definitely repurchase these and I am possibly going to go back and try a few more colors.  The downside to these glosses was how long they actual tubes were. I like glosses to be on the smaller side so I can easily fit them in my purse or maybe a clutch for a night out. The size was just a little awkward.

Here are a couple of swatches of each gloss.  Top photo is with a flash and the bottom is with no flash.
L to R: Summer Honey, Wildflower Honey
L to R: Summer Honey, Wildflower Honey
I will be going back to try out the false lashes, the selection was amazing and they were all gorgeous! There was also a matte bronzer that had three colors in one compact that was very pretty and that will probably  make it into my collection soon!

What do you think of the Kardashian's? Love em' or leave 'em?? Would love to hear what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts