i~divine...

Sleek Makeup brand is a UK cosmetics brand that I have been dying to try out. I recently bit the bullet and ordered a new eye makeup palette from Amazon, then I agonizingly had to wait for it to ship all the way from London....I even had a customs stickers on it when I finally did arrive. Kind of cool!

I decided to step out of my comfort zone and do a palette with really bright colors. I have been wanting to experiment and when I found this palette I knew it would be perfect. I chose the Sleek Makeup i~divine Ultra Matts V1. It's so pretty! I think this palette will be perfect for spring and summer and there are so many looks I want to try with it.

There are 12 shades and it retailed on Amazon for $14.99 + shipping. I think my total was $16 something. Here are some color swatches:

Left to right: Chill, Pout, Sugarlite, Dragon Fly, Pucker, Bammi, Cricket, Bolt, Strike, Floss, Crete, and Pow!

The last three (Floss, Crete, and Pow!) are VERY light so it's hard to see their swatch very well, they are perfect for highlighting the brow bone or the inner tear duct. All the shades are mattes and they have an almost silky texture. They are extremely pigmented and easily blended. I have been poking around on YouTube for days trying to come up with a look to use a few of the colors and I found a great girl by the name of April Lopes. She called this look "Penguin Eyes" and I thought it would be fun to give it a try!

 Excuse the "deer in the headlight" look in this one. Apparently I need to work on my "posing" LOL!


I was not able to include a picture April's look but it was much darker and more dramatic than mine. I wanted to try and make this a wearable look ~ the hubby even approved! 

So let me know what you think? Do you like to use bright colors or are you a neutral kind of gal? I am going to do some more looks for spring with this palette so stay tuned! 

"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."
~ Pablo Picasso

Comments

Popular Posts