Friday Favorites....Nail Polish!

Being a stay at home mom of two doesn't always allow me to have gorgeous nails. Between helping little ones get dressed, laundry and dishes my hands, and especially my nails, take a beating.  I LOVE the look of well manicured nails and if I could would wear nail polish every day, but I realize it's not possible with my life. Occasionally I do indulge and give myself a mini-manicure. Usually it's during the kids quiet time so I need something that is going to go on smooth, preferably one coat,  and it needs to dry quick. Time is of the essence when dealing with a 5 yr. old and a 3 yr. old!

Sally Hansen has a great product fitting both of my needs. Insta-Dry Fast Dry Nail Color  - and let me tell you it does exactly what it claims to do. Here is an excerpt from the website:

"Nail color covers in just one coat, brilliantly. The Perfectionist Brush™ contours to any nail, so color always glides on precisely, quickly, flawlessly. And, the exclusive Flexiglass Complex combines beautiful, brilliant shine and super-strong wear."

The first time I used this was for a night out with friends. I had picked out the color and hadn't had an opportunity to use it. As I was waiting for the babysitter to arrive I got a wild hair and decided to paint my nails. I literally had about 10 minutes before she was set to arrive, and this polish went on in one coat and was dry by the time she arrived. I did a quick top coat in the car while the hubby was driving. That is another story - I digress.

The polish looked great, it was shiny and it lasted for a couple of days. Which is wonderful for polish on natural nails. I now have 4 colors: In a Flash, Flashy Fuchsia, Grape Going!, and Bronze Ablaze. 
L to R: In a Flash, Flashy Fuchsia, Grape Going!, and Bronze Ablaze
It's very affordable!! Wal-Mart carries it for around $3.50 and I found a bunch of colors on Amazon ranging from $3.50 up to just a bit over $4.00,  and 32 shades to choose from. Here are some pics of it on my nails. The first shot is one coat...

L to R: Bronze Ablaze, Grape Going!, Flashy Fuchsia, and In a Flash
Here is a shot with a second coat:

L to R: Bronze Ablaze, Grape Going!, Flashy Fuchsia, and In a Flash
I am going to get a few more of these for summer. Maybe some peachy colors. What is your favorite nail polish? How do you care for your hands? Would love to hear any tips you use for your own mini-manicures!

“The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but hold hands.”

~unknown

Comments

Popular Posts