Friday Favorites ~ Hair!

Hair. We all have it. Most of would like it to be different. When I was younger all I wanted was stick straight hair. And long. and black. The complete opposite of what I actually have. But with age I am starting to appreciate my hair. I don't always love it but I have a few hair products that I have found help me to deal with it.

If you remember a few weeks back I posted about a new shampoo & conditioner that I have since fallen in love with, see here.  Now I am happy to share a few products that I use for AFTER the shower.

First up is Schwarzkopf got2b Oil-Licious Calm & Shine Styling Oil. If you take a look on the bottle this product claims to:

  • Calm frazzles
  • Flatten and shine
  • Instantly absorbs
And I find all those things to be true. I use this every single time I wash my hair. When I blow it out my hair is smooth and soft. If I let it air dry my waves are actually waves, not a frizzy mess. This oil is actually comprised of 3 oils -  triple oil--argan, white grape seed and marula, so it smells amazing.  This is used after your have gently towel dried your hair and before you are ready to blow dry it or let it air dry. You can also use it as a smoothing serum, but use it sparingly or it might give you hair a greasy look. A bonus is it's so reasonably priced. It's almost steal. At Wal~Mart it retails for a whopping $4.72.
 
Next is Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade. This was one of those purchases I made at the salon when I was desperate to find something to keep my hair from going frizz-ball crazy in the summer. 
This product claims to: repels moisture from your hair, helping to prevent frizziness and fly~aways. It tames curls to give hair a polished look. Excellent in humid weather. 

I do like this product a lot and it works pretty well. But if you have really curly hair I don't think it keep the dreaded "frizz's" away completely. But I have noticed that it still keeps my hair fairly smooth, my waves will pop back up but they don't get quite as big as they would without it.  The website says you can work this through your hair before or after you style it. I have never used it while my hair was damp, only after I dried it. Curious to see what my results would be if I tried it while wet. This product retails for a bit higher. I think that I paid $22 in the salon. The website sells it for $20 - just a touch cheaper.

Lastly is my finishing secret weapon! L'Oreal Elnett Extra Strong Hold Hairspray. This stuff is the BEST hairspray I have ever used. It uses a special micro-diffusion technology to deliver a fine mist for a clean and shiny finish. No matter how much I spray on my hair doesn't get heavy or sticky. I can spray a ton and then run a brush right through it and it will still hold the shape. It retails at Wal~Mart for $12.97 but I found it on Amazon for $11.99.  The Best Stuff. I highly recommend it.

So what kind of products do you use for your mane? Any items that I need to try? Would love to see some comment down below! 

Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hair stylist you like.  
~Author Unknown














Comments

Popular Posts