Friday Favorites....Eye Makeup Removers!

Over the last few weeks I have been sharing many of my favorite makeup products but have not really shared too many skin care items. So today I thought I would talk about my go-to items for getting all that "glam" off.

First up are the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Night Calming Wipes. The wipes are designed to gently nourish and clean your skin while clearing away any type of makeup.  I love these things. I even keep a package in my kit to use on clients. They don't leave any type of residue on my skin and they smell great. The ONLY disadvantage is that sometimes they don't get all my mascara off.  They are reasonably priced. Target sells a pack of 25 for $6.49, but I know you can often get them on sale at many drugstores. 

If I do have any remnants of mascara left over I go to my Oil-Free Makeup Remover by Mary Kay. In my opinion this is the BEST eye makeup remover. It gently removes eye makeup, including waterproof, without tugging or pulling the delicate skin in the eye area. This also leaves the skin feeling soft, not greasy. I used to sell Mary Kay and they have a lot of great products but I would say this is the ONE product I will always go back and repurchase.  It retails for $15.00 with a bottle size of 3.75 oz. That doesn't seem like a lot but it lasts for quite a while.


Lastly  is good 'ole Vaseline.  This is fantastic as an eye make up remover, it's incredibly effective at removing every trace of make up plus it's super gentle to the eye area. It will gently and effectively loosen and remove even the heaviest eye make up, including waterproof products. It's smooth to use on the eye area, so there's minimal tugging or movement on the delicate skin. And you can virtually buy it anywhere and it's SO cheap!

I usually wash my face, then once that's rinsed, I massage a small amount of Vaseline onto my eyelids to loosen my eye color, and gently rub some across my lashes in a horizontal motion to remove mascara and liner. I then remove it with a warm damp washcloth or warm damp tissue. Seldom do I have to do any more than that, as it usually removes the lot the first time, unless I'm wearing very heavy make up. A plus side is that it conditions lashes and keeps them looking full and soft.

Remember, just as you have a daily beauty regimen which you practice in the morning, you should practice this same routine at night before going to bed. Although it might seem like a big hassle in the beginning believe me, you will be glad that you took the time to remove that makeup later on down the line when you hit your thirties or early forties. After all our face is the first thing that people notice when they greet us, so let's start giving it the TLC that it deserves, so that it can look healthy and youthful looking for a long time to come.
 
What are some products that you use to remove your makeup? Anything that you can live without?? Would love to hear from you! 

Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art. 
~Ralph Waldo Emerson 

Comments

Popular Posts