Review ~ Premium Vanity Gloss...

As many of my readers know I'm not really a lipstick kind of gal. I can't even begin to tell you how many lip glosses I own but a discovery of a new product may be converting me.

Premium Vanity Gloss sells what I would call the hybrid blend of a lipstick & gloss. The texture is unlike anything I have used....it's not quite a lipstick and it's not quite a lip gloss. See for your self....

Clockwise: Royale, Charmed, Nude and Rude
They are sold in little jars and you can apply them with a lip brush or even with your finger. Although that will sheer them out a bit and they will apply more like a tinted lip balm.  The product is 100% natural and come in a 5ml jar. There is a large variety of colors and they retail for $12.00.

As I mentioned they are quite unlike any texture I've worn. They are incredibly creamy, but have a nice shine to them like a gloss. I have worn them off and on for the last few weeks and they do set to a satin finish, so not quite matte but their staying power is phenomenal. The website claims up to 8 hours. But I have not tested that theory out....but the last few times I wore the Nude and Rude it stayed on for a good solid 2 hours. Then I went out to lunch and pretty much wiped it off. But I still think 2 hours is pretty good....

The colors are extremely accurate - what you see is what you get. They are extremely pigmented and just the tiniest bit will cover your entire lip area. They are a pretty good dupe for OCC Lip Tars which retail for $18.00. Onto the swatches!!



Here are some swatches of me wearing each pigment with a full face of makeup....

L to R: Nude and Rude, Charmed and Royale
And here are some close up shots....

L to R: Nude and Rude, Charmed and Royale
Nude and Rude is a gorgeous pinky-beige nude with a slight sheen to it, almost like a champagne beige (my favorite of the three.) Charmed is a deep burgundy brown and Royale is a bright true purple.

Overall Rating: 7 out of 10.

PROS: I love how creamy and pigmented they are, as well as how long they last. I also love how you can mix and blend to achieve any color.

CONS: I don't like that I have to apply it with a brush or my finger. For a busy mom who is often on the go that doesn't really work for me. An applicator would make this product a 10 out of 10!

I do have to admit the color variety really is impressive and that may be the deciding factor on whether or not I purchase more.

Stay tuned for more new lippies from Gerard Cosmetics later this week!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts