First Impressions ~ Zoeva Makeup Brushes...

I'm Guilty.

I stalk Instagram and YouTube quite often. But to be honest it's for good reason. I have found so many amazing products from these two accounts. And when I find new & awesome things it means I get to share them with all of you!

One of the brands that I kept hearing about was Zoeva. Zoeva was founded in 2008 by Zoe Boikou in Germany. The name itself is a composition of ZOE, the Greek word for life and EVA, the very first woman. The line started with just 10 makeup brushes and since then has been transformed into a company that creates amazing brushes as well as high quality makeup. Although they are based in Germany they do ship internationally and offer a wide range of brushes and makeup.

Recently I ordered the Complete Eye Set. A wonderful selection of 12 professional eye brushes made of natural and synthetic bristles. Along with an adorable little black clutch. I also ordered two of their  Graphic Eye Eye liners: Nude Reflection & Opulence.

I have not used the brushes just yet - I am working at a Bridal Expo this weekend and will be applying makeup on one of the models so I am going to use them then but just from a first glance they seem to be amazing. The bristles are extremely soft but quite dense which really helps when you are doing any type of blending or defining.


This particular brush set is geared towards creating the perfect "eye", whether that be nude, smokey, classic or bold. There are brushes that will help you smudge, define, blend, and conceal. This Complete Eye Set retails for $70.00.

For the quality of these brushes I think that is an incredible deal. It averages out to be about $5.80 per brush. I have a couple of MAC Brushes that cost me almost $20 each and just by feel these brushes are better quality. At a portion of the cost.

Closes up of a few of the brushes....

The brushes came packaged in this adorable little black clutch. It could easily be used to store brushes for travel or to toss in your purse with a few of your favorite makeup products. It has a durable top zipper as well as a small zippered pocket on the inside. How cute is the "color. love. makeup" logo! 


As I mentioned above also I ordered two of their Graphic Eye pencils...Nude Reflection and Opulence.

Top Left: Opulence...Bottom Right: Nude Refection
As with the brushes I have not worn these eyeliners yet but just from the swatch on my forearm I am really impressed.  They went on incredibly smooth, and extremely pigmented. Opulence is a deep copper and Nude Reflection is a champagne bronze. The website states that they are long wearing and waterproof - the swatches on my arm lasted for hours. Even after giving my daughter a bath. They retail for $7.50 - such a great price for a waterproof pencil! I may have to go back and order a black and brown for my kit!

Along with brushes and eyeliners Zoeva sells eye shadows, false lashes, blushes, lipstick, concealers and bronzers. I am really excited to be trying out this new brand and will be posting a further more detailed review after I have had some time to really put these babies to work! Happy Saturday my beauties!

Comments

Popular Posts