How to de-pot Urband Decay Naked Palettes....

I am a fan of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes - I have all three of them. But I was not a fan of how much room they took up in my makeup kit. I decided to condense all of them into one Zpalette.

The Z Palette is a great tool for makeup artists or any makeup enthusiast! The Z Palette is a handy palette that helps you customize, organize and simplify your makeup storage. The base of the Z Palette is magnetized so individual pans of eye shadows, blushes, concealers, etc. will stick. They range in size from small to extra large and come in a variety of colors.


You can purchase them directly from Zpalette.com or you can pick them up at MakeupGeek.com and Ladymoss.com.

To start deporting you will need a few things. First your empty palette to put shadows in, the palette you want to depot and a sharp knife.

First take your palette (here I have the UD Naked 3 Palette and a large Z Palette). Take your knife and flip out the insert...**PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL DOING THIS**! I don't want anyone to cut themselves. You should end up with something like this....


Next flip the palette over and take your knife and using circular motions you want to almost poke a hole under the shadow, this takes a minute but just keep working back and forth and it will loosen up the pan itself and then it will pop out. You may need to use your knife to pry it out all the way but I found if I put my knife right in the middle it popped the eyeshadow pan right out. I also used a towel folded up a couple times in my lap, just in case anything slipped.  Just keep doing that to each shadow till you get them all out. Some of the pans had quite a bit of glue on them and if they don't lay perfectly flat in the palette just use a little Goo Gone to take off some of the glue. Here is a pic of where I placed the knife...


Then place your eyeshadow pans in your palette. This was a bit of a tight squeeze but I managed to get them all in....


This Z Palette is holding all three UD Naked Palettes (top is The Original Naked, middle is Naked 2, and the bottom is Naked 3. The small square eye shadows are from an old Kat Von D Palette.)

I am really excited to have all these shades in one place and cannot believe the space I just cleared up in my kit! Now I am hunting all over for more palettes I can depot!! Thinking about doing some blushes next! I hope this was helpful...and have a great day my beauties!

Comments

Popular Posts