How to create a scar....

Time for another Halloween pictorial! Today is all about creating a scar. Super simple and using minimal products!

The product I am using today is called Rigid Collodion. It's a clear solution used to create a special effect scar. You paint this onto your skin and as it dries it wrinkles up the skin, giving it a scar like look.

Please note that this is not a product you should use on or near your eyes AND be warned it has a horrible smell!! But it's easy to use and fairly easy to remove.

Let's get started! 

If you are using this as a part of your Halloween look make sure you have your base done.
Start with a nude or neutral toned lip liner and sketch out the line of where you want your scar.

Then starting near the top lightly flick your pencil in downward strokes so you blend the color a little. Use a very light hand with this because you don't want to blend the color completely out.


Finally paint the Rigid Collodion along the line you drew. Apply two or three coats. You will start to see the effects pretty quickly, and the more coat you apply the deeper and thicker the scar will appear. You should end up with something like this ~



I went back and added a couple of different shades of liner so you could see the differences of skin tone.

Here are the products I used:
Mehron Rigid Collodion (you can find it on Amazon for about $6-7)
Milani Lip Liner in Brandy, Cocomo and NYX Lip Liner in Natural.

This would be a great trick to use for maybe a Little Red Riding Hood Costume. Or you could amp up a Zombie costume or maybe even a Frankenstein.

I will note this was a bit more difficult to take off than regular makeup. The bottle says that it just peels off but I had a hard time getting my edges to lift up...after some gentle prodding with my tweezers I got it started. The Mehron site says that you can also use Spirit Gum removed to take off any remaining residue, which I did not have on hand. Whoops!

I hope you guys are enjoying these little Halloween tips and if you have any requests please let me know! Only 14 more days till the big day!!

Comments

Popular Posts