October Favorites...

October is quickly coming to a close and I realized that I have not shared any of my favorite products in quite a long time. Here are a few things that I have used quite a bit for the month of October.

First up is Batiste Dry Shampoo. I have fairly dry hair, as well as processed so I try to not wash my hair every day. In the winter I will sometimes even go two days without washing - but there are some days where I just need a slight touch up to my hair. I have tried other dry shampoos and have not cared for them but I really love this Bastiste one. 

Since I have a blonde ombre' look to my hair I use the Light & Blonde product.  I picked my can up at Ulta - this particular product retails for $8.99. But they also carry one that has no color tint to it which retails for $7.99.  The other shades with tint are: Dark & Deep Brown, Vibrant & Red and Medium/Brunette. 

I love that this product doesn't leave a white film to my hair and really blends the dark blonde into the lighter blonde and of course it takes away any telltale signs of grease. It leaves my hair feeling clean and refreshed! I am planning on doing a more detailed blog post on how to use dry shampoo soon so stay tuned for that! 

Some of you may or may not know I am an avid runner. Most of the time I run outside so it's easy to come right home and get a shower - but sometimes I run at the gym and don't always have time to take a shower while there. And sometimes I have to run quick errands right from the gym. I am not an overtly sweaty but I still don't want to traverse all over town after a tough workout. 

Not long ago I came across these Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths and fell in love!! 


There are three different scents: a light powered scent, fresh spring scent and soft clean scent. I have seen these at both the grocery store, Target and a couple of the big pharmacy's. They retail for around $2-$3 for a pack of ten. I came across a pack of all three scents on Amazon for $9.99. They do a wonderful job of cleaning you up and leaving your skin with a bit of a powdery feel. 

If you are a gym buff and can't always shower at the gym I highly suggests throwing a pack of these in your gym bag! 

Now onto the really fun stuff. The Makeup!!!!

If you love the look of false lashes but have some trouble getting them on you have got to pick up the Kiss Ever Ez Lashes Trio! They are three little individual lashes and you can add just a couple to the outer corner of your eyes and they really make your makeup just pop! They are easy to apply and very natural looking. There are two different lengths: short and medium. You can get them on  CVS for $4.99. 




One of the big trends for fall is deep burgundy lips! I tend to be a lip gloss kind of girl. Really because dealing with lip liner and lipstick is kind of a hassle. But recently I  tried out some new lip liners from NYX and am really loving them. I have two shades: Sand Beige and Plum. 




These are the NYX retractable lip liner and they come in a total of 19 shades and retail for $4.49 at Ulta and some pharmacies. These pencils are really creamy and go on extremely smooth. They are nicely pigmented and last quite a long time. Because they are retractable there is no sharpener needed! 

Following the deep lip trend I picked up a few more of my favorite lipstick by Milani. If you follow my blog you know that I am OBSESSED with the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks. They are so incredibly pigmented, they last quite long time and have a great smell. Even this lip gloss lover LOVES these lipsticks. I picked up a couple of new shades....Rose Femme and Cabaret Blend. 



It's funny how well these two particular shades match with the NYX Lip Liners. I promise I did not do that on purpose...but really pleased that I can mix these two products together. 

You can find Milani products at CVS, Walgreens and Kmart. The lipsticks retail for $5.49 but CVS often has the entire line on sale. 

Last up is my absolute favorite purchase of the month! 

The Kat Von D Monarch Palette is definitely my popular purchase of the month.  This palette has 12 warm toned shades...three larger base shades and nine warmer tones to be used for accents. 



It's like fall all wrapped up in one palette. I have used this almost every single day since I purchased it. It's also the palette I used on the recent bridal photo shoot I did last week. These shadows are triple-milled so the color picks up easily on a makeup brush and blend like a dream. This palette retails for $46. You can purchase this particular palette at Sephora. There is similar palette from Kat Von D line called the Chrysalis Palette....it has the same number of shades but runs on the cool side. 




Look at that purple!  This is the first time I have tried any of the Kat Von D products and I have to say if the rest of her collection is as good as this one there may be many more products being added to my collection! 

So there are my faves for the month of October....have a great rest of the week my beauties! See you all soon! 

Comments

Popular Posts