“And down I went to fetch my bride..."

First comes love, than comes marriage....after you find the perfect dress! I work with a lot of Brides and often the first thing I ask them is if they have a picture of their dress. I do this for a couple of reasons. One, gives me a little insight as to what style they might be going for on their big day and two, I love wedding dresses. I am a sucker for weddings and all the hoopla that goes with them.

Imagine how excited I was when I came across the Lover.ly website. What's Lover.ly you ask~ Lover.ly is a website that was created by a Maid of Honor and a team of former Bridesmaids and Groomsmen to simplify the wedding planning process.  It's basically a one stop shop for all things wedding! They offer services such as Search & Explore, Save & Share, Shop, Vendors, Planning and there is even a mobile app. 

If you click on their shop tab you can search for hundreds of Wedding Dress. Click here for more gorgeous dresses...

Here are a few images of three popular wedding dresses.


Amazing right! 

I have been wanting to create Bridal looks inspired by different dress' and I chose the Oscar De La Renta dress. The minute I saw this dress I knew exactly what kind of look I wanted to create. Simple yet Stunning. This is a classic dress with just a bit of a modern edge to it. The high neckline and lace detail of this dress evokes images of Grace Kelly. This type of dress is perfect for a classic makeup ~ glowing skin, exquisite eyes and striking lips.




Here are a few of the products I used on my gorgeous model. 
I wanted the skin to be glowing for this type of look so a perfect base it essential. 


Using these three products together will give you impeccably glowing skin on your big day!
 Next up was the eyes. To create a Classic Beauty I wanted to go for a warm neutral eye with just a touch of smokiness to it.

The Kat Von D Monarch Palette is the ideal palette to achieve this type of look!

There are 9 warm toned eye shadows and three dazzling base shades.  These colors will work well on any eye color and skin tone! They are extremely pigmented and long lasting.

I used three makeup brushes from Sigma Beauty. The E55, E40 and the E45. These brushes are affordable but are amazing quality!



Lastly was the lips! When I saw this dress a sexy red lip was my first thought...but I know that some women may not feel completely comfortable wearing a red lip on their Wedding Day. So I am showcasing a few options.

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics makes the best red lipstick on my opinion! I used the shade NSFW. Their lip tar formula is incredible ~ it has high opacity and lasts FOREVER! It comes with a little lip brush and you only need the tiniest amount to fill in your lips.

For those ladies that might prefer a softer lip I recommend using MAC's Lipstick in High Tea. It's a beige-pink shade with just a touch of pearl to it. Pair it with MAC's Spice lipliner and you will have a lovely nude lip.

Here are some shots of the makeup with the red lip...


And a few with the nude lip...


If you are getting married and searching for your perfect dress I highly suggest you check out Lover.ly's website. If you are interested in picking up any of the products I used click here!

And because I can't resist sharing these beautiful pictures here are a few collages of both looks.



Model: Annalee Seybold
Hair & Makeup: Miranda Rudolph
Photography: Sweet Pea Pictures 

Comments

Popular Posts