Lipstick de-potting.....

I am on a mission to get my growing collection of makeup organized. At a recent trip to Micheal's I found a plastic storage box that is used for storing loose beads....but I realized it would be great to use for all my lipsticks! The box has six stackable jars, as well as one container to hold them all.  I can carry 30 lipsticks with me on jobs. Talk about space saver! Plus it was cheap. I think it was 25% off when I purchased it, so it ended up only costing me about $5.50....I love a great deal!

So let's get to the de~potting!!!

Twist your lipstick all the way up and press gently into the jar....you don't need to use much pressure. At this point I had to do a little twist and then it just stuck to the jar and broke off pretty easy. Now don't just toss that tube of lipstick away, there is a ton more product left in there. I grabbed a cuticle stick and ran it inside the tube to twist out what was left and then pressed that into the jar.

Step #1: Press the lipstick into the jar...
Step #2: Clean out the tube....
Then I grabbed my tweezers and carefully peeled of the sticker off the bottom so I would know what color was what when they were all stacked together.

Step #3: Transfer sticker from tube to jar...
This was a bit time consuming but in the end it's going to be great to have all my lipsticks in one place. I also love that all the jars are contained in one case. I don't have to worry about them rolling around in my bag!

The beginning of organization! 
Here are all the jars together in their case! I am thrilled with the results...can't wait to get the rest of my collection organized!


Comments

Popular Posts