A Whisper of Color...

I am not a lipstick kind of gal. I am all about lip gloss. I was sitting here trying to think of all the reasons why I like lip gloss and it basically came down to one thing. How quickly I can apply it....look Ma' - no mirror!!! 

Being a SAHM means that I need to do lots of things fast. Thinking about applying lip liner and then lipstick is not fast, and really doesn't fit into my schedule.  The downside is that I have about 50 lip glosses, many of them falling into similar shades ranges.

Maybelline Color Whisper had really bright packaging so at first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. To be honest I had been hemming and hawing over these lipsticks for MONTHS and I kept reading great reviews so I finally caved and bought one. When you look at the color in the tube they are really bright. I was leery but finally picked one that I thought might be ok, Pin Up Peach. I must admit I fell in love. The color was gorgeous....a very soft peachy red. I actually had it listed in my April favorites. I loved it so much I went back for more!

Lust for Blush and Berry Ready  were next on my list and neither of them disappointed. Lust for Blush is a really pretty pale pink, with an almost lavender undertone. Berry Ready looks much deeper than it is, it goes on as almost a raspberry shade.
L to R: Lust for Blush, Pin Up Peach, Berry Ready

It's hard to describe how they feel. It's similar to a chapstick but a little more silky. They are very pigmented but extremely sheer once applied.

 I bought these at Target and they are very reasonably priced..retailing  for just $5.94 online. They may be a touch more at the store but I don't remember them being more than $6.00.

Here are some color swatches.....this pic is with a flash so they look a little brighter than they actually are. All in all I am thrilled with these lipsticks and may end up going back for a few more....maybe a nude color!
L to R: Lust for Blush, Pin Up Peach, Berry Ready

Comments

Popular Posts