May Favorites!

I am not sure how this post happened. It seemed like just yesterday I was writing about my April favorites. Now it's almost June....CRAZY.

I digress. Onto the goodies!!

First up is my Makeup Geek Eye Shadows. If you are a makeup lover you have GOT to check out this site. I know I have mentioned it before, but it worth repeating. Makeup Geek is basically a one stop shop for...well, Makeup Geeks. I have 8 of their eye shadow pans and I LOVE them. So far all of the colors I have ordered have been super pigmented and been extremely easy to blend. See here for color swatches. They retail for only $5.99 - which is a steal compared to MAC single eye shadow pans, which retail for $12.00.  They also sell the palettes to store the shadows in or you can purchase them in compacts for $7.99.  I will be picking up more of these soon!

 The next set of items I could not live without. I used them daily. For everything. My Real Techniques Makeup Brushes. This line has been designed by pro makeup artist Samantha Chapman. She is part of the sister duo, Pixiwoo, YouTube icons!  These brushes are fantastic. They are so reasonably priced and the quality is incredible. I have all three of these sets along 7 more individual brushes.

Here is an experpt from the Real Techniques site with more information about the brushes:
  • Taklon bristles are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. Since taklon is synthetic, it's 100% cruelty-free. The soft fibers help create a flawless, high-definition finish in any type of light – from sunlight to harsh indoor lighting.
  • The color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a flawless base, enhanced eyes, and the perfect finish like a pro.
  • Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish.
  • The collection is suitable for a wide range of products and every makeup need – from powders, creams, and liquids to mineral makeup, highlighter, and shimmer.
  • Brush names on the handles make for easy reference when creating your favorite look.
I LOVE these brushes. Not sure what else I can say! If you are looking for some new brushes or just to get beginner brushes, start with Real Techniques!

My last makeup related item is the Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm. As I said before I am not much of a lipstick gal, I love lip gloss. But you would also be hard pressed not to find a chapstick or lip balm on me, in my purse, in my car, next to my lazy boy. I have them stashed all over the house. And these are right at the top of the line. I have two colors;
Honeysuckle and Red Dahlia.

Honeysuckle is a peachy-nude color and Red Dahlia is a soft deep red. These balms add just a hint of natural color, and they nourish your lips with Shea Butter and Botanical Waxes. These are perfect for summer when you just want a sheer natural look to your lips. They are sold everywhere - Walmart, Target, all the big drugstore chains...and they retail for about $6-7.00. 


Next up is my Josie Maran Argan Oil. This has been on my wish list for MONTHS and I finally caved and bought a small bottle. This stuff is amazing. This is basically an oil that can be used for every part of your body; a daily moisturizer for skin, hair and nails.

Here is a blurb from the Sephora website:
"This 100% Pure Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. With its multitasking benefits, Argan Oil can be used for many areas including hydrating and nourishing skin, as a daily moisturizer, skin treatment, treating spilt ends, and softening cuticles. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is believed to help with skin conditions including acne. Argan Oil easily absorbs into skin to give you a youthful, dewy glow, and has astonishing healing, conditioning, and anti~aging properties to keep your skin and hair nourished and revitalized and to keep you looking beautiful from head to toe."

I have been using it for about a week and a half, and I really am loving it. Now it's no miracle oil - I still have some wrinkle action as well as some fine lines BUT my skin FEELS  so amazingly soft. I have also noticed that my foundation goes on so much smoother than before. it blends better and really just sits on my skin better. I have also been using it on my hands and have noticed a difference in their appearance. Now this item is pricey.  For 1.7 ounces it will cost you $48 - but I have to say I literally use 4 drops for my entire face and neck and two drops for both hands. And when I say drops, each drop is smaller than a pea. It will last you for a while. I bought the smaller bottle, 0.5 oz. for $14.00. I will try and remember to see how long it lasts me and will keep you informed.

Lastly is my Nivea Smooth Sensation Body Lotion. This lotion is great for every day use. It's super light and soaks into the skin quickly. I have dry skin and I have found that using this  with my Olay Moisture Body Wash my skin feels super soft and hydrated.  It smells good, very fresh but not over-perfumed. It is not the cheapest moisturizer.  I think that I paid $8 something for it at Shop Rite but you may be able to get it on sale and your local drugstore. But it might be a good one to try if you have dry skin and are looking for something lightweight. 

Whew. 

That is all....I hope that you enjoyed this and if you have any favorites you would like to tell me about please share here or on my facebook page! See you all next month!!

Comments

Popular Posts