Obsessive Compulsive....

About makeup. Just a little bit. All the time.

But this post is actually a review! 
About Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar's. I have been DYING to get my hands on these little wonders and they were worth the wait. Let me tell you a little about Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.  Besides touting their products to be 100% vegan and cruelty free they have a range of items such as eye pigments, lip tars, face powder, tinted moisturizers, and a line of brushes.

Here is a little blurb from their site:
"Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics? What's up with the name?
"The first step is admitting you have a problem," says company founder David Klasfeld, "I did and the result is a line obsessively crafted from the finest ingredients possible, to celebrate the driving compulsions of makeup fanatics everywhere."

 What's with the 'Vegan' thing?
In a time when many cosmetic companies make the claim that their products are "Cruelty Free" simply because Animal Testing has become unfashionable and less cost-effective, OCC felt it was necessary to raise the bar on this issue. We pledge never to use animal-derived ingredients (including Lanolin, Beeswax, Carmine and more) in our products and accessories. Beyond any personal convictions, we simply believe that it's unnecessary, especially when there are alternatives that are just as readily available, and equally effective in the formulation of our products." 


Sephora sells the individual colors for $18.00 and there are a TON of amazing colors. They also sell two different sets; a Pro Picks, and Pro Picks Set v2.0. The set retails for $49.00 - which seems expensive but if you purchase them individually it would cost you $98. And you also get a nice lip brush with the set. I went with the v2.0 set, the colors were geared more towards spring.

This product is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick with the easy application of a gloss, delivering an opaque and comfortably long-wearing finish.  What I also love is that not only can you use these on your lips but because of its heavy pigmentation and ease of application, the lip tar makes an excellent crème blush. 

Here is a description of the colors from my set.
Kava Kava (medium peach), Lydia (darkroom plum), Hoochie (vibrant magenta), Pretty Boy (super-rich fuchsia), Iced (pure white frost) 

I cannot get over how pigmented these lip tar's are. And how little product you have to use to fill in your entire mouth. I used a drop smaller than a pea, and it filled in both my upper and lower lips. The product itself smells very nice, almost minty. It applies incredibly smooth, like silk and it sets to a beautiful satin"y' finish. I am in LOVE!

Here is a swatch of the five colors.
L to R: Iced, Kava Kava, Hoochie, Lydia, and Pretty Boy




 Here are a few pics with some of the colors on:
Wearing Hoochie
Wearing Pretty Boy
Wearing Lydia

It's amazing to me how different they look swatched on my arm as opposed to my lips. Incredible! I did not swatch Iced and Kava Kava. Iced is truly what it sounds like ~ an icy, shimmery white. Great for blending with other colors or to use as a highlight in the middle of the lower lip. Kava Kava was also very light and would be great blended in with another color. I am truly impressed by these lip tars and I plan on getting some of the new metallic shades that Sephora is offering. If you are a big lipstick wearer I highly suggest trying these!

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”

~ Judy Garland

Comments

Popular Posts