Skillshare...A new experience!

I love making new discoveries! As many of you know I am an avid watcher of YouTube. To me it's basically free online education. As long as you find people that are good at what they do. I have about 5 or 6 channels that I subscribe to - all makeup of course. Four of these channels are full time professional Makeup Artists. I get all kinds of information about the best products for creating a professional Kit as well as all kinds of inspiration on what types of looks I want to do next.

Last week I came across a really cool website called Skillshare. What is Skillshare you ask well....."Skillshare is a global marketplace for classes. Learn real-world skills from anyone, anywhere. We power thousands of creative, collaborative classes on everything from programming to design to crafts."

'Lo and behold they had an online Makeup Course taught by a Makeup Artist from Makeup Forever. The object of the class was to create an easy daytime eye and transform that to a sultry nighttime eye. Once you enroll in the class you are sent a link to view any videos, see the syllabus and check out a "suggested" materials list. Since this was being taught by MUFE they encouraged you to use their products but it's not required. The class is a week long and there is a projects tab that you can upload your finished work into for the entire class to view. The instructor then will choose the best look and that student is sent $100 worth of MUFE products.

Here are a few pics of my daytime look.....the first is a collage taken with my iPhone. The second two were taken by Sweet Pea Pictures.  Interesting to me how different they look even though they were taken at the same time.



Here are a few pics of my Sultry nighttime look. These were all taken by me at home.



Collage of both looks. Top two are the daytime eye and the bottom two are the nighttime eye. 

So what look did you prefer? The easy daytime eye or the sultry nighttime look? Would love to hear what your favorite was!

Comments

Popular Posts