Makeup Geek....Mini Shadow Haul!

As many of you know I am an avid watcher of YouTube. I love that I can get a sneak peak into other people's creativity and can learn at the same time! Over the last year or so I have watched a few video's by Makeup Geek. I liked them, they were always pretty and informative. I recently found out that Marlena - the face behind Makeup Geek has a website by the same name, MakeupGeek.com, and it's completely focused on Makeup. She has even created her own brand of eye shadows, lipsticks, gel eye liners, and brushes. I of course had to check it out.

The website is basically a one stop shop. You can browse video tutorials, most loved looks of the week, and purchase makeup items. She even has other makeup brands besides her own; MAC Pigments, Sugarpill Eye Shadows, LA Splash, and Ben Nye Products. There was a huge assortment of products AND the prices were amazingly affordable. Normally a MAC pigment will run $21.00 for 0.26 ounces. The MAC Pigment's on Makeup Geek are what they call samples. You get 1/4 teaspoon of authentic MAC pigment in clear, screw-top jar with printed label, all for only $4.49. If you have ever used any of the MAC pigments you know you only use a very SMALL portion at a time. Buying a sample is a great way to get lots of colors and it will still last you FOREVER!

The regular eye shadows are sold either as a pan form (you would need a palette to store them, which they also sell) or in compact form. The pans sell for $5.99 and the compacts sell for $7.99. Based on how they color swatched I think they are a great deal!

I was impressed by the large color selection of the eye shadows and liners as well. I had to give it a try! I went with bright colors, as most of my collection are all neutral colors (trying to break out of my comfort zone). I went with 5 MUG Shadows and 1 Ben Nye Pigment.

Pixie Dust - Shimmery Lime Green
Lemon Drop - Shimmery Bright Lemon Yellow
Fairytale - Pale Matte Lavender
Mango Tango - Peachy Pink with Flecks of Gold
Razzleberry - Raspberry Pink with Gold Glitter
Cherry Red Ben Nye Pigment (which is even cheaper than the MAC - only $2.49!!!)

L to R: Razzleberry, Fairytale, Mango Tango, Lemon Drop, Pixie Dust and Ben Nye Cherry Red Pigment
 Here are color swatches with flash ~
L to R: Razzleberry, Fairytale, Mango Tango, Lemon Drop, Pixie Dust and Ben Nye Cherry Red Pigment
 Here are color swatches with no flash.
L to R: Razzleberry, Fairytale, Mango Tango, Lemon Drop, Pixie Dust and Ben Nye Cherry Red Pigment
 I have not done any actual looks with the colors yet but was impressed by how pigmented they were. All the color swatches are done with just one swipe of my fingers. All the shadows blended into my arm very smoothly. I am very excited to try out some looks with them!

Comments

Popular Posts