True Match LUMI Healthy Luminous Makeup....

I am a sucker for new things. And although this is not a new foundation, (I think it was released spring of  2012) it is new to me. I have been a fan of the Revlon's Colorstay Whipped foundation and am still very happy with it but I have been hearing tons of stuff about this LUMI Foundation and decided to give it a go.

Here is what the L'oreal website says about this product:
"True Match™ Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup combines 3 ingredients that work to improve your complexion the more you wear them. 40% pure water for all-day hydration. Antioxidants and Vitamins C and E for improved clarity and skin tone. And Liquid Light Technology for an instant, luminous glow.  In 1 Month: skin is clearer, healthier, more luminous."

I applied the foundation with a foundation brush and I was instantly pleased with how well it blended into my skin. I always start with a very thin layer of foundation and then build up only in the areas that I may need more coverage.

Here is a picture with foundation on just one side:
Left side no foundation ~ right side LUMI Foundation
I have very dry skin and I prefer to have a more dewy finish as opposed to really matte skin and this did a great job of giving me the coverage I need but without looking like I was wearing a mask. There is a wide range of colors to choose from. And they also offer three tones: cool, neutral, or warm as well as an SPF of 20.  The color I selected is n1-2, soft ivory-classic ivoryThis color works great for me right now but I will probably have to go a shade darker for summer.

Here is a picture of my finished face. I think that this foundation could actually be used without it a finishing powder. Unless you have really oily skin then you may  need a light application of translucent powder to set it. 


I purchased the foundation at CVS for $13.49. There was a special running on any L'oreal products so I got a coupon for $4.00 off my next purchase.  The other thing that I liked about buying it at CVS was that I can return any product if I am not happy with it. Even after it's been opened. Great selling point!  I was very pleased with this foundation, I will re-post in a couple of weeks to see if I actually have more luminous skin!

I was going to put this picture in but I got photo-bombed by the resident 3 yr. old! It was too funny not to add.

A simple smile can make you beautiful…
~ Anonymous

Comments

Popular Posts