A Skincare Discovery...

I haven't posted a skincare update in quite a while. Actually since September, but I made a recent discovery that I can't help but share. Actually my skin care routine hadn't changed much but back in January I saw a video by RawBeautyKristi about a Walgreens product that she had fallen in love with. You can click here to see her video...I thought why not give it a try.

I will admit I was a little skeptical. Mainly due to the fact that I have never purchased a skin care product that was basically a no name. It's like buying no name peanut butter - I just don't do it. I am totally a peanut butter snob. I guess I'm a skincare snob too. :) 

Soo I am happy to sit back and let Karma slap me a bit because I am IN LOVE with this product. It's part of Walgreens Studio 35 product line and it's officially called "Studio 35 Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream." I call it amazing. 


Here is a bit of info about the actual cream. 
"Studio 35 Beauty™ Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream has no added fragrance.  This skin treatment and gentle exfoliator helps restore fresh, healthy and more youthful appearance.  Alpha hydroxy acid removes dead skin cells and assists skin tone and skin texture."
I use this at night after I have cleansed my face. I start out with a very small amount and spread it evenly over my face (avoiding close contact around my eyes), and then usually add another thin layer. There is a slight tingling feeling but nothing painful, and I am no Dermatologist but I am sure that is part of the alpha hydroxy acid working (Contains Alpha Hydroxy Acid (Glycolic Acid:  7.8% of pure 70% solution) I let it soak in for about a minute and then if my skin still feels a little dry I add a tiny bit of moisturizer. 
I have been using this for about 2 weeks now and I really feel my skin has improved. I wish that I would have thought to take a picture before hand...and it's no miracle wrinkle remover BUT what has changed in the texture of my skin. I have dry skin but weirdly enough have large pores around my nose area. Those pores are smaller and my skin overall feels so soft. I have also noticed that I don't have near as many breakouts as I used to. You would think that once you get a bit older all those nasty little breakouts would go away but I always seemed to have that mega pimple on my forehead or on my chin/jawline. Since I have started using this they have all but disappeared. 
What's even more awesome is the cost! It retails for about $8.00. It is not sold online, you much purchase it in store and when I checked online it said that the price varies per store. I think that I actually paid $8.99 or very close to that. And I believe that I will head back soon to pick up another jar. I love it that much! 
It comes in a 4 oz. jar and I have just barely made a dent in mine.  As I said I use mine every night. Just a great deal and such an amazing product. 
I would love to hear from you guys if you try this and love it! Happy Friday my beauties! 

Comments

Popular Posts