Product Review ~ Benefit Roller Lash

It's been a minute since I've posted....actually it's been over a month. And I apologize. I've had a bit of the mid winter blues and then we went out of town and then we did a kitchen remodel and blah, blah, blah. 

But I'm back! 

And I'm ready to get into my routine of two blog posts a week and I have some fun things in mind to share with you beauties. First up is a new mascara....I know I know. Another mascara review. But as I said before I am always on the hunt for the perfect one so be patient and be kind. 

Today's review is from Benefit and it's their new mascara called Roller Lash. It claims to be a curling mascara that holds up to 12 hours. This is right up my alley - I am happy with the length of my lashes but they tend to be stick straight so something that claims to curl them and then HOLD the curl was screaming my name. 


Now here is what Benefit is claiming about this particular mascara: 

"It's a roller for lashes! The eye-opening Hook 'n' Roll brush grabs, separates, lifts and curls...while the instant curve-setting formula holds for 12 hours.

Curl Power!
  • 97% said it visibly lifts lashes*
  • 87% said it gives long-lasting curl*
  • 94% said eyes look more wide open*
*Consumer panel survey on 31 women after 4 weeks
Details:
  • Easy-to-remove
  • Contains Pro-vitamin B5 and Serin, ingredients known for their lash-conditioning benefits
  • Water-resistant
  • Ink black
  • Satin finish"
Now onto MY findings.  It has a rubberized brush and almost act as a tiny comb when used.  It has a slight curve to the wand which is nice for application and it's smaller in size  which makes it easy to grab every single lash as well as for applying on the bottom lashes. 


Here is a pic of one eye done with two coats of mascara. 


I am impressed with this mascara. I felt that it did a good job of separating my lashes to give them a nice full appearance but it didn't give me the dreaded spidery leg look. I did curl my lashes before I applied the mascara and I think for me that is a necessary step. My lashes really are stick straight. The color is not quite as black as I would like it, it's more of an off black. But that might be nice for someone who is looking for a more natural look. 

I felt that it wore well throughout the day. I typically put my makeup on fairly early in the morning and I don't touch it again until bedtime. I didn't have any flaking or smearing under my eye. I wouldn't say they were quite as curled as this but you could still clearly see my lashes. All in all I'm happy with this product. It retails for $24 so it is a bit on the high end side. You can purchase it as Ulta or Sephora

Overall Rating: 9 out of 10
Repurchase Probability:  80% 
Pros: It separates my lashes along with giving them a slight curl. 
Cons: It is on the pricey side 

Comments

Popular Posts