Product Review ~ Makeup Forever Flash Palette...

If you were to look in my professional makeup kit you would be amazed at the variety it holds. I have high end items and I have drugstore items. The more work I do as a free lance makeup artist the more my kit seems to evolve. There have been products that I realized I could not live without and there are some items that I have taken out because they don't get used. Then there is the ever growing wish list of products that I WANT for my kit. Most often they are specialized items that are either limited editions OR cost a lot of money. Either way there is always something "out there" that I have to get. 

Recently I was able to acquire one of the items on my wish list. EEEKKK! I am totally going to nerd out on my lovely readers. But I can't help it. Really I can't. 


So without further ado I give you the Makeup Forever 12 Flash Color Case (or as the rest of the beauty world calls it - the Flash Palette.) 




Let me give you the basic rundown of this product before I start geeking out too much. 

What it is:
A 12-piece palette of twelve vibrant cream Colors for eyes, cheeks, and lips. 

What it does:
This 12-Piece Make Up For Ever Flash Color Case lets you create an array of looks for eyes, cheeks, and lips. 



This set contains: 
12 x 0.21 oz Flash Color in gold, silver, coral, white, turquoise, red, fuchsia, bright blue, yellow, leaf green, brown and black. 


The pigmentation on these shades is amazing. Here is a swatch of the colors on my arm. This is with NO base and only one swipe of my finger...



Here is a breakdown of the colors....

Gold: a metallic yellow gold with just a touch of shimmer, 
Silver: a metallic shimmer with an almost foil appearance, 
Coral: a creamy medium coral
White: a bright creme white
Turquoise: alight creamy aqua
Red: a creamy true red
Bright Blue: a creamy royal blue 
Yellow: a bright creme yellow
Leaf Green: a cream medium green with slight yellow undertones
Brown: a creamy medium brown
Black: a creamy deep black 

I am sure many of you are asking what would I do with this. The possibilities are endless. I can use these to act as a base for an eye shadow, I can create a custom creme blush, I can mix colors together to create a foundation, I can create a one of a kind lipstick...endless! 

This does retail for $99 so this may not be a smart purchase for someone that rarely wears makeup or wears very little BUT for those that are possibly looking to get into makeup as a career this is an absolute must for your kit! 

I purchased mine through the Makeup Forever Boutique in King of Prussia but you can also purchase this at Sephora. It's also available in a neutral palette...


And yes this is also on my wish list! 

Overall Rating: 10 out of 10
Repurchase Probability:  100% 
Pros: This allows me to create a variety of looks and use in combination of other needs
Cons: It is pricey

Comments

Popular Posts