Product Review ~ Urban Decay Naked3 Palette

I love Urban Decay. I don't think that I have tried one of their products that I wasn't happy with. So way back in the fall there was tons of hype about the possibility of Urban Decay releasing a Naked 3 Palette. For those that are not a total makeup junkie like me might not even be aware that there was a Naked 1 and 2. Here's a little recap of what the first two are all about.

Here is a quick picture of the Original Naked Palette:


And here is a picture of the Naked2 Palette:


I really love both of these palettes and both of these palettes are go to's in my professional kit and I can't tell you how many Brides I have used them on. At first glance they look similar but there are some distinct differences. The Original Naked Palette has gold, bronze and copper tones. Naked2 has shades of gray with taupe undertones.

When the Naked 3 was released last fall I really was hesitant to get it, hence the reason this post took so long to take place. These palettes are high end - retailing for $54.00. I didn't want to spend that on a palette only to have it be similar to the other two. Similar as the other palettes this one comes with a double ended brush and a travel size of Urban Decay Primer Potion.

I am happy to say that Naked3 is different but kind of the same. It is different in the fact that the over all tone of the palette is pink. But the quality is the same...in true Urban Decay fashion

Here is the Naked 3 and you can tell instantly that there is a pink tone to almost every shade, with the exception of Trick (more of a gold.) Here are a few pics and swatches. I did use a primer on my forearm just to the color would show up for the lighter shades.



From left to right:
Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart 

As you can see most of the shades have either finely milled glitter through them or have a satin shine. Only 3 shades are matte; Strange (a pale pink matte satin), Limit (a matte dusty rose), and Nooner (a matte pinky brown shade.) I do wish that there were a few more matte shades but I guess that's what I have the Basics Palette for. :) I think that my favorite shade is Mugshot and Blackheart. Mugshot is a brownish pinky taupe and is a perfect shade for natural looks. Blackheart is a black with a pinky/red undertone. It's absolutely gorgeous for dark dramatic looks!

In true Urban Decay fashion the pigmentation and texture are amazing, except for Dust...I found it be really hard to blend and it didn't have quite the color payoff as the other shades. But 1 out of 12 isn't bad in my opinion. I have found myself using this palette quite often on myself but I'm not sure I would tell the average consumer to run out and pick it up. IF you wanted to have a nice palette that offered a wide range of looks I would go for the Original Palette. But for makeup junkies like me or working Makeup Artists I would say go for it. It's a beautiful palette for any collection.

I hope this was helpful and I plan on trying to get some pictorials up using this palette. I would love to hear from any of my readers that have this palette what their thoughts are!

Have a wonderful weekend me beauties!

Comments

Popular Posts