Contour Palette Smackdown!

Another smack down is on!

Today it's all about a contour kits.....first up is the Coastal Scents Contour Blush Palette. This palette has 6 different matte shades designed for contouring, highlighting and Blush. The palette comes with a soft white, two peach tones, two pink tones and a dark warm brown. This palette retails for $18.95 on the Coastal Scents website but you can get it just a touch cheaper on Amazon for $16.33.  You get an amazing amount of product for an amazing price....you get six Extra Large 2.44" Blush Pots (2.85oz)....almost double the size of normal blush pots.

This was my very first purchase from Coastal Scents and I was pleased with the product. The white works wonderfully for setting under eye concealer without leaving your skin to cakey. Both of the peach colors are very natural and the pinks are very bright - but if used softly can give the skin a really beautiful flush.

Here is a quick glance of the palette and some color swatches: 



Now for the Competitor....Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour kit!!

I have been drooling over the palette for MONTHS and it has been sold out almost as soon as it was released. I managed to snag it from Sephora who was offering it as a limited time product. This kit also has 6 different shades, 5 are matte and 1 that is a champagne shimmer. These pots are much smaller - only 0.11 Oz.  This palette retails for $40.00 and is available on the Anastasia Beverly Hill website. The pots are removable and from what I understand you will be able to purchase refills soon, again available specifically from the ABH website.

Now onto the product!

This palette is AMAZING! The product blends beautifully. There are no blush shades in this palette but I don't even mind. There are two matte shades; Vanilla and Banana which are perfect for highlighting.  There are three shades of matte bronzer just right for contouring; Java, Fawn, and Havana. Lastly there is 1 highlight shade - its a champagne with soft flecks of gold. Each shade blends like a dream. They are so soft and have an almost satin feel.

Here are a few pics and swatches...



Overall I have to say the Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette takes the win. The pigmentation and texture are just amazing. All the color swatches were just one swipe of product - I can't even begin to explain how soft this product is! This palette will be going in my professional kit for sure. It will be a perfect palette to use on my clients, especially for Brides.

I am happy with the Coastal Scents palette and will be using it for my own personal use. And I think that this palette would be great for someone just starting out as a Makeup Artist or maybe who may not be ready to spend a bit more for the ABH Contour Kit.

I hope you enjoyed this smack down! Stay tuned for my review on the Urban Decay Electric Palette... Happy Monday my beauties!

Comments

Popular Posts