Makeover Monday ~ Kerri

This week's makeover is of another dear friend of mine. She is the Director of Arts Education and Outreach at Appel Farms Arts & Music Center.  Not only is she doing amazing things at Appel Farms but she is an Adjunct Professor and a Clinical Supervisor at Rowan University AND is a Wife and Mom of two. Talk about a hectic schedule!

What I love about Kerri was she is not afraid of color or to try something new.  We decided to do something funky & bright for her makeup...which is exactly how I would describe her personality!

Since her favorite color is purple we went with a fun purple smokey eye. Here is her before pic:


Since I knew we were going to be using bright colors I started with her eyes. First I primed her eyes with Benefits Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer - a must if you are using bright colors. Not only will this help your shadow stay all day it will give your a wonderful boost to any bright eye shadows. Next I used a combination of Wet-n-Wild Eyeshadow Collection in Petal Pusher and MAC's Beautiful Iris.  I then lined her eyes with Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Eye Pencil in Vibrant Violet.  I used an angled brush to smoke out the liner on the top and bottom lash line. I finished off the eyes with a couple coats of black mascara.

Because Kerri has a bit of redness through her cheeks I primed her face with NYX's Studio Perfect Primer in Green.  Then I used MAC's Face and Body Foundation in N2 to even out her skin. Under the eyes I used a tiny bit of NYX's HD Photo Concealer in Yellow.  I dusted her cheeks with Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. Lastly I patted a bit of translucent powder under her eyes to set the concealer and along her t-zone to take away any shine.

I wanted to keep her lips really soft since we were doing such a bright eye. I lined them with Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Liner in Naked2 then I used Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink Pearl.  I also add just a touch of Rimmel Stay Glossy 3D Gloss in Popcorn for 2 on her lower lip for a touch of shine. Here are her after pics:


Here is a close up of the the eyes....


I love working with color and love that Kerri was so willing to let me do just about anything.  And if you are looking for fun things for your kids to do in the South Jersey area definitely check out Appel Farms! They have tons of wonderful programs that are art related for children as well as adults!

Happy Monday my beauties!!!

Comments

Popular Posts